Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

oil pressure electrical problem

bobo

Country Flag
montenegro
I have a strange situation,I lost oil pressure on the needle dashboard.First I removed wires from the oil sender(bulb) and connect each other and needle is going to full! I was thinking problem is with oil sender,I bought new genuine toyota and mount and nothing has change!
Has anyone had a similar problem to help me!
Cheers guys!
Bobo

On my old 70 I had this problem as well as the fuel gauge behaving oddly. This was caused by a loose earth strap to chassis in the engine bay.

Where do I start to searching a problem,can you suggest me?
Thanks

There are wire cables that look similar to the thick negative cable on the battery. These cables will link the engine block to chassis and possibly the engine and body to help provide a good earth for the vehicle and will have black insulation.

It's worth undoing the bolts from both ends of these cables and cleaning the area with a wire brush to remove dirt and rust, clean the bolts up too then bolt back into place.

Although these cables may feel solid and not loose, the rust and dirt can reduce the effectiveness of the electrical join so it's worth giving this a go as your first option.

Visually check that the cables have not become frayed or broken.

Good luck and hope this fixes your problem.

Last edited:
I know very well that the cables you think,You must agree that it is a little bit strange because all remaining on the truck works very well!?
Any way I will do that!
I"m just afraid that the needle is a real problem and that I need to change the instrument panel in all.
Thank you for your time and cheers!!
Bobo

Temporary solution until I find another dashboard!
20140428_150249.jpg20140428_184622.jpg20140428_184635.jpg20140502_122223.jpg20140502_122237.jpg

I used oil pressure sender and gauge from mercruiser,quick silver marine parts which I had :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back