Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oooh hot water in my truck!

Chris said:
You know me Chas, no half measures. :lol:

Chris
Well, when you settle in for the night, in case of leaks make sure all the windows are closed, you wouldn't want a flooded truck in the middle of the night :lol:

Not be the first time I have woken up all warm and wet Chas.

C

Maybe leave the windows open - you don't want a fire in your truck. ;)

Oi, Leave it. Not fair. :snooty:

Damn right I don't.

Chris

will have to add one of these to shopping list - looks great
"solar" shower bag worked very well this summer in the Pyrenees, but needs a couple hours to warm up in sun at the end of a days travelling

but this looks better for when its cloudy, and also good for washing up
and we use a 901 cylinder for our stove, that works with this unit too

IMG-20120626-00376.jpg

IMG-20120627-00380.jpg

Andy, I have one of those black bags too but unfortunately in this country, I have only ever managed to get it mildly warm. But they do work. Finished up on the truck at the weekend and thought 'Hey, I'll use the new device and have a wash out here on the drive.' Strewth, what a thing. In next to no time the water was so hit I could have boiled up some pasta. I heated a whole bowl of water to hotter than I could really put my hands in in under two mins. Got an away weekend off roading at the end of July and this is deff coming with me as well as my pop up tent.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
bought one of these kampa units last week,
tested it today - without gas. seems to work well, good water flow and shower spray

at first i was annoyed as instructions said attach pump to a water container, but the pump doesnt fit any of my containers. then i read the pump is submersible.
worked well, but the shower head leaked... no o-ring. so i tried with a o-ring that improve things, then lots of PTFE tape to seal it, that stopped the leak there. but it also leaks a bit at the on-off switch on the shower head. may just fit a better shower head
fitted gas hose to the unit and regulator this evening, so will test it tomorrow for hot water
3 litres lasted about 1min20secs
going to need a to carry a lot of water for the Mrs showers....

now got to figure out where it will fit in the boot during a trip, as it is quite bulky

Last edited:
Had one we used for dog bathing/grooming and had the water flow sensor fail. Easy enough to fix but still a nuisance. Ended up replacing it with a more powerful unit - an Eccotemp L5 from memory. Double the heating output and more compact as well (much slimmer so able to be mounted to the side of the vehicle) though does require a pump

Well done Andy. Not much use without gas though?

I lost the supplied O ring in double quick time, but standard tap washers (O rings are no good) fit so I have a packet of those in the bag (Wickes). Mine doesn't leak anywhere at all. Hah, yes, I have tried to work out what that thread is so that I can connect it straight into my water tank. But it's an odd one. Drop the pick up in a bowl and recirc the water til it's hot. Just don't put the washing up liquid in first or there'll be a foam party!

Incidentally, anyone want to buy a Kampa heater? I have a spare been used once (bought for spare parts but not needed after we replaced the Kampa with the Eccotemp).

Incidentally, anyone want to buy a Kampa heater? I have a spare been used once (bought for spare parts but not needed after we replaced the Kampa with the Eccotemp).

Pm me a price OG :pray:

shower curtain?? why blocking the view? at least get a curtain that is clear from the waist up

Thread resurrection time chaps...

Has anyone had one of these running off the big calor gas type bottles? I tried to run a stove off those but the pressure isn't great enough for it; wondering if this would be the same...

Cheers

And a timely one at that Gav. Only yesterday, I used it to shower off a filthy blonde girl in a field. No, honestly. We wee off roading and some thought it would be funny to hold her down and abuse her. She was top to toe in thick stick mud. The lads had blown a tyre off a rim and needed help so whilst I was at it, I fired up the geyser and she showered off round the back of the truck. Worked perfectly, lovely hot water on demand.

Gav, no reason why it wouldn't work of a large cylinder. I could have a look at the spec and see what the input pressure is. All you need is the right regulator I guess. I would have thought that the pressure in a large cyl would be OK as you can power a BBQ off it. My mate works in gas sales and knows tech stuff. I will see if I can drop in and see him. Could do with some gas.

Chris

Thanks Chris & well done for being a night in shining amour again :clap:

I suspect that it will run off the big boy canisters as it mentions the regulators in the spec but I made the assumption that they'd suit Coleman foldup stove & merrily butchered the gas connector to make it fit to very disappointing results...

If you can confirm that it works off the big boys I'd be very grateful & probably get one for our camping setup.

Cheers amigo

_61180313_61180312.jpg
... merrily butchered the gas connector to make it fit to very disappointing results...

Cheers amigo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Back