Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Orange warning light on - advice please cant seem to find a warning light diagram

Darrellspeed

Hi All, can anyone help me, i have an orange warmning light on the dash looks like a circle with a shaft coming out of each side, with wavy line across the lower 1/4 of the circle - im assuming its low diff oil or low transfer oil but, can anyone confirm

and Could a nice person scan a page of an owners manual as i dont appear to have one :(

Not got the manual to hand, but I'm not aware of any level sensors in the diffs or transfer box. I'm pretty certain the warning light you describe is engine oil level.

well eventually just found it, turns out my description was crap cos its no 50 on this diagram. instrument cluster, warning lights.jpg
came on after cruising a little quick over a hump.

It's a warning light that water is in the fuel system, in the filter is a water separator with a level sensor to warn you when there is to much water inside, there is a drain valve to drain the filter, if it still lights up after draining try cleaning the sensor failing that it's the sensor it self

i think it was actually going over the hump too quick and the float inside bouncing up into the top making the circuit as it would if it was full of water. will change the filter as a precaution though. does the light go out automatically or does it need a diagnostic tool?

It should reset itself once you've restarted the car, as said above drain off some of the water unscrewing the plug and see if that helps.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back