Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Out with the old, in with the new

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
So finally picked up my new 150 LC4. Happy as a pig in the preverbal….
Only just picked it up from dealer and driven back to work (damn you meetings, damn you!) but oh my, does it drive nicely.

The 120 was a bit like driving a boat (all my fault) so not sure how this drives compared to a “normal” 120 but the difference I can fee is massive.
Most noticeable, engine is very quiet compared to the 120 (Mine always did sound louder than Gary’s and Tony’s as well)

Happy chappie, roll on chaila time :)

Old and New:

IMG-20121102-WA0000.jpg

20121102_131404.jpg

wow! glad you are staying with landcruisers

nice one :icon-wink:

now what mods are you planning :dance:

Last edited:
Yeah, what about the mods?
Will the ARB be a strait forward swap over?:whistle:

Gra.

Nice wheels Crispin, first job is to "have an accident" with the front bumper and hey presto ARB via the claim. As this will be a newer version of ATRAC it absolutely has to do Lincomb.

No chance of any mods for a while

I'll peddle it around Lincomb but will be nice to it.

No chance of "accident" = ARB Trevor, maybe a monkjack though.... :whistle:

Almost
bought a Tourareg based on the fact that it's a very nice drive and much cheaper than the LC. Simon et al at Toyota though came to the rescue and made me a deal I could not refuse :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So I will be the first to ask.

How much did you get for your old one,
How much was the new one.
How much did it cost you to change.

Gra.

Crongrats Crispin, ping me later on and we can check to see if they have improved ATRAC and also if the aproach angle is better than the Touareg :icon-cool:

if you get the hedge trimmer and chain saw, we go try foxeslane. Went down there 3-4 weeks ago and there some nice steps now from the stream :)

So I will be the first to ask.

How much did you get for your old one,
How much was the new one.
How much did it cost you to change.

Gra.

Sorry Gra :shhh:

Nice one Crispen. :clap: Remember, its a slippery slope ...

Nice one Crispen. :clap: Remember, its a slippery slope ...
So, in your professional opinion, would I need new tyres? (gathering justification and case studies for the Minister of finance)
Will use this as case no.1 :
IMG_7015.jpg

Very nice Crispin. I was initially looking at one of these when I embarked on my quest for a Cruiser. They are superb. I changed my mind as for what I wanted to do the 80 ticked more of the boxes. But the 150 was second on my list.

Well done, boet - miles of smiles for you - hope you really get to enjoy and love the new one! I know you want to keep it standard - I also know you, so I WILL be starting a book on this one, having lost out with Mr Wildsmith :doh:

So, anyone - what's most likely first mod:

1. Tyres
2. Skid Plates
3. Tow bar

Answers on a postcard ....

nice to see you've stuck with toyota, def. the right thing to do:icon-wink: when you get time it'd be good to get a comparison of the two models.

Get a set of 'winter' tyres for it, supposed to be a bad winter coming, need to keep the family safe in it when the white stuff comes :icon-wink: :shifty:

Well Done Crispin, yeah im with john a nice set of tyres to keep you and your family safe in the snow:icon-wink:

I think you could do that nice lane with the stream running next to it, seeing as it has the better ATRAC:lol:

Joe

Back