Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland show

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
So. Dont know how many of you know. The overland show is doing its last event in sep.
We will be going. Anyone else?

Not sure why you would bother, just an overpriced mess of a camping event

Tbh it's never been 100% great. At the cost it's similar to most camp sites we find. Lots of trucks and camping bits too see and admire.
We've had some good meets there with the club and a good laugh. Many members have joined after seeing us at the show. So theres been plenty of positive things come out of it for us.

. Lots of trucks and camping bits too see and admire.

To be honest last couple of times there wasn't lots of trucks and camping stuff there. We went to look at and buy the camping stuff but came away with nothing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Was a mistake to call it a show because the word brings with it some expectations .

A car show without show cars is like a christmas show without tinsel and all the other junk we expect .

The UK's only off grid meet would have lowered expectations and might have appealed to a larger crowd .

When paying guests are the only attraction you need a lot of them to attract vendors who will only pay for a pitch in the hope of financial return .

Oh and that washing up bowl , I'm guessing the land owner provided them in the hope of seeing many under Landrovers lol

Tbh it's never been 100% great

In fairness Karl the first one I went to was bloody fantastic, you couldn't see it all in a day ( when did it start?) . Al and I bumped into so many people we knew it really was a great day. It's sad that it has declined into a non event, or alternatively a VW van fest.

Back