Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Parking bulb replacement

HiUp

Country Flag
uk
Why the manual says refer to your main dealer to replace a parking bulb I don't know.

I have just done this and it is simple.

You do need to remove the batteries for access - I did mine one at a time.

Grip the bulb holder - quarter turn anti clockwise - bulb is out. Replace bulb it's a 5W wedge type (I fitted LED bulbs).

Refit in to hole - quarter turn clockwise - refit batteries - job done. (NOTE - there is no radio code for a 120).

I wonder what Toyota would charge? Their rates are £120 per hour plus VAT.:icon-surprised:

Peter

I posted the parking bulb replacement thread no problems.

I have tried 8 times to post another useful thread 'VIDEO SHOWING TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT' but it wont show.

In desperation - and because I think it may be very helpful to you guys - I'm going to add it here. Maybe someone could move it to a new thread - cause I cant:

VIDEO OF TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT

I have just seen this video showing the timing belt replacements on a TOYOTA HILUX Mk6 3.0L D4D

I believe this is that same as a 2004 Land Cruiser KDJ120

Can someone please confirm this?

I have just ordered a kit containing the belt - tensioner - and Idler pulley from Milners for £54.00

Toyota want £330 and more if I want a new tensioner of Idler pulley

The video shows this can be dome by a novice (me) in 45 minutes.

Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTgWjRY_dc

The torque settings are Tensioner bolts 13Nm or 10ft/Lb and the Idler wheel bolt 35Nm.

I hope this is helpful.

Peter

Spotted that timing belt video before... Quite useful if you've never done one. It's a very easy job really took me half an hour a couple of weeks ago . All versions of the KD engine are the same as this... The 2001 onwards 90's, all diesel 120's and Hiluxs and the 2.5 hilux too. I'd suggest the older KZ engine is not too different either.

Back