Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

passenger power window.....

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
This is driving me nuts! I thought at first the motor had died, but I connected a seperate 12v supply to the motor connector and I can get it to go up and down, so motor is fine. I have swapped the switch itself with one of the rear switches, still doesnt work :(. I have pulled the wires that run through the door out of the rubber tubing (job in itself!) no wires appear damaged. I put it down to the master control in the drivers door, so got one off flea bay (drivers switch not working very well! so thats going back) but still no change :mad: - the new (old) switch also smells burned, so could be knackered anyway).
So, good people, any idea's out there? I could live with out the window, but hwmbo doesnt want to pay tolls by jumping out all the time...........(remember we are in Froggy France, so drive about on the wrong side of the road :) )
Thanks in advance

I can't lock mine if the window is open so i assume its connected to the alarm , might power loop back to the motor via the alarm ?

God that would be a pain! Every other window works from both the window switch and drivers main switch.

God that would be a pain! Every other window works from both the window switch and drivers main switch.
Hi Steve,
I had almost the same problem. The right side front window didn't work on the door switch. (LHD vehicle)By tapping on the main switch, the same switch on the right side did work. So i took out the main switch and cleaned it with contactspray while making the switch move. Them i cleaned-dry everything with an airgun, and put it al back together. It works fine up till now. I found out, if the main switch isn't in correct position, the passenger door switch doesn't work.
wish you succes,
Jack

It might be helpful to know that on a three-door car - and poss a 5 door too - Toyota Yaris switches fit the driver's side (and prob the pass side too, though I've not tried that myself). They are a lote cheaper and more plentiful

The unit is the same but you have to swap the top part over

interesting. I have the ebay guy sending out a better working drivers unit. When it gets here I will try it.......fingers crossed!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, the replacement came but it's a different plug and l/h drive (l/h drive no problem as box underneath is same.) So I set too with me thinking head on and the up control only had 1.4 v couldn't find out why so jumped a wire from down side and now have a working window from passenger seat. Master switch on drivers door does everything but passenger window. Still think it's master switch, so on the hunt for another once I get a refund......

Back