Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Planned trips for 2011?

24Seven

Just to have some arm chair dreaming of adventure :mrgreen:

Who's going where in 2011? and Where would you like to go if you had the time and money?

Hopefully I'm going to Morocco for 4 weeks and then the Pyrenees for 10 days.

I would like to go to Mauritania / Mali / Burkina Faso / Ghana in future years if I can find anyone daft enough to want to do that trip with me and can get the time off.

Also I fancy

The Stans and Mongolia the photos I have seen are stunning :think:

Well I presume this means taking a land Cruiser.

But anyway,
My near plans are as follows.
Overnight sleeper train from Weifang to Beijing, 10 hours.
Then Long distance train from Beijing to Ha Noi, via Nanning, circ 48 hours. 2 days, and 2 nights sleeper.
Then hire a Honda XL250cc motorbike from Flamingo hire, in Ha Noi, and me and her will ride the road from Ha Noi to Ha Long Bay. (Remember Top Gear destination)
http://asiatravel-24.com/vietnam/category/halong-bay/
Stay in Ha Long Bay a few days, then return back to Ha Noi,
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... 9,r:15,s:0
and stay there a few days.
Then train back through Nanning, to Beijing, and home to Weifang.

Graham

I've mentioned this before on here, but in April '11 we are going:

10-15 days in Europe
then on to
Morocco
Mauri
Senegal
Mali
Burkina
Ghana
Togo
Benin
Nigeria
Cameroon
Gabon
Congo
DRC (not Kinshasa to Lubumbashi! :mrgreen: )
Angola
Nam, Bots, SA

ONly time constraint is getting to my sisters wedding in SA in August so we've got 5 months to play with :thumbup:

Will only be in Nam for a short while so in future would want to explore Namibia more!

Alps, Pyrenees and hopefully to Bad Kissingen for the Abenteuer & Allrad show again, if we can fit it into the schedule. I'd love to go back to Morocco, but I don't think we can sort the leave :cry: .

Carpathian mountains in Romania on to Ukraine and then back through Poland in April.

Got 10 days over Easter though not sure what to do. Maybe drive to South of France, though there is potential for something more exciting and Land Cruiser relevant - currently exploring options....

Taking a month July/August. Driving to Croatia and doing a 10 day offroad tour. Then spending the rest of the time exploring Croatia and a few places on the way home.

Hopefully also quite a few long weekends laning and camping throught the UK.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi

planning to do Morocco, Mauri and Mali in the first half of the year. Currently in the planning and prep stage.

cheers

Gav Peter said:
SpinDrift said:
Currently in the fixing, planning and prep stage.
As some say, sorted that one for you Reinhard ;)

details, details .... we are talking about the grand scheme of things here :)

But yes, they haven't got the aye aye out there and it is long walk back, so its got to be fixed and major serviced first.

I've booked my Ferry now for Morocco, leaving on the 25th of March and not getting home for 5 weeks (thanks to the Royal Wedding) :dance:

I'm going to CentreParcs in Sherwood Forest the w/e of the 11th Feb, via the Holyhead ferry. Does that count? And on the assumption that I'll have another LC by then, it'll be the main mode of transport! :lol:

Looks like we will.be goin to Morocco in late September, maybe another trip too... need to make use of an expedition peeped 80 just sitting in the car park...

A week trip through the Caprivi Strip, Namibia in May. Can't wait :dance: . Otherwise just as much laning and local camping as I can find time for.

Tommo&Claire said:
Carpathian mountains in Romania on to Ukraine and then back through Poland in April.
Some roads are closed till end of May because of snow ...
The best time for visiting is after holidays season June or September/October
In Poland you can find many interesting places on our Land Cruiser forum (in polish but you can use google to translate) - tlc.org.pl

planning to head to Pyrenees this summer, for a bit of camping, offroading and mountain biking (if we can get the bikes and all camping gear on/in the landcruiser!)

some questions - what times is it best to avoid France in the summer (we don't have kids so not restricted to holidays) since i know french roads can be a nightmare in peak season - so when is this?

guess it will take 2-3 days travel to get from Aberdeenshire > Pyrenees if driving all the way
longer if we stop off in some wine regions :)

haven't decided on cost/time saving of various ferrys yet
e.g. Rosyth > Zebruggee

or Portsmouth > Santander

Back