Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

plasma cutter recommendations.

I’ve got a Oil immersed one I’m going to be selling if that would suit Mike.
Thanks for the offer rich, ive actually got a very old oil immersed one, its the one im thinking of replacing as it seems to be playing up. Its in a trolley as its that heavy..

Just a thought Mike. I guess an ultra lightweight inverter one may be on the Christmas list then?

Last edited:
And a good thought it was. Im not after anything fancy and shiny it just needs to work. What sort of amps is yours?
yes, ive been casting an eye over the modern inverter ones lately..:)

180A Mike. BoC. It will run at 120A at 100% duty cycle and correspondingly less up to 180A. Would draw 40A off a 230v supply at 180A. 22.5A at 400v if you’ve got three phase available.

9189EC11-6C01-495E-85F8-67196044443F.jpeg
CD6106AB-9BC6-42CA-B3CE-FAD7F6C7E414.jpeg

Excuse the cr@p but the site tranny gives some idea of size.

I bet that will do 6mm rods too! Great for welding up your Challenger II

It does have a 6mm rod setting on it Chris, yes. That’ll be the 180A at probably a 60% duty cycle.

I must get out of this anorak! :shifty:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I did a lot of research and ended up with an r-tech. It’s still in the box :icon-rolleyes: but I was careful to match it with my compressor.

180A Mike. BoC. It will run at 120A at 100% duty cycle and correspondingly less up to 180A. Would draw 40A off a 230v supply at 180A. 22.5A at 400v if you’ve got three phase available.

View attachment 143062 View attachment 143063

Excuse the cr@p but the site tranny gives some idea of size.
That looks a great machine rich, i do like old school.
I have completely forget that we have a old mosa 180 amp petrol driven mobile welder buried in the corner of the shed, ill drag that out and see if itll fire up. Ive also had a look at the mig that went up in a puff of smoke a few months ago, it appears to be the transformer or inverter or whatever, ill see what sort of money it is to repair, its 180 amp also.
:thumbup:

I did a lot of research and ended up with an r-tech. It’s still in the box :icon-rolleyes: but I was careful to match it with my compressor.
Which model mark? I hope you at least opened the box?:icon-biggrin:

Yep, probably never use it though Mike, I just like having toys around, sold my welder though, I have seen tidier chicken shit thrown on the floor,

I watched a friend use his plasma cutter last week, he was making a cutout on the 80 roof rack deflector for my second spare, impressive bit of kit, he free handed it around a pencilled curve matching the tyre.

Regards

Dave

Back