Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Polybushes

hillbillysimon

Hi, anybody fitted the Milner polybushes ? they seem to be less than half the price of the genuine polybush kit,
but how do they compare ?

Personally I went for standard rubber bushs, not as harsh on bumps and supposedly more flex

Based on experience with saloon car I would keep rubber bushes on fore-arm components to preserve bump absorption, and consider poly bushes on lateral components for location. In truck's case this means poly's on the panhard rod. I can't think of any geometry issues.

I fitted Miler split bushes to Lil Blue when I owned it. I can't say I was impressed actually. OK really easy t fit as they're split. But my first set wore very quickly. As the leading / trailing arms on an 80 are basically the same design, I'd guess that the Milner ones were split for this vehicle too. Given the flexing that an 80 does I could see it eating the Milner bushes for breakfast. I still have my factory ones in that moment and they're fine after all these years. But if I had to swap them, I'd look at the Pedders ones I think. I am sure that do a genuine rubber replacement. In truth I am not sure that the bush is the limiting factor on the 80. When you look at the eye and socket design, the arms can only twist so far. I have toyed with the idea of modifying mine and on the chassis end going with more of a rose joint - spigot arrangement like a LR has. It's no wionder LRs flex up so well, they're not inhibited by the physical nature of the attachment point.

Chris

Footloose 4x4 fitted all new superpro poly bushes all-round (only needed the castor correcting ones but they came in a kit). Anyway after a few weeks I'd had enough of white-knuckle from the steering wheel, and asked then to change back to Toyo rubbers - and the problem went away. Not suggesting its the same for everyone, and the effect will differ from truck to truck, but IMHO the superpro bushes are just too hard.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You probably just about get what you pay for with the Milners ... been there, OEM are best but not from a main dealer.

Back