Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 'red van' (says the 4 year old) build thread

Question to those of you with a suspension and body lift... Do you find the handbrake cable and/or the central rear brake hose are a bit 'at their limits' ?

Someone once commented on the taughtness of my centre rear brake hose when i posted up a pic but the axle wasn't actually connected to the chassis by much else at the time , its never been a problem for me but swb might be different from lwb .

As for the handbrake its a running joke that all cruisers only have one until you do a little off roading , readjusting goes right along with washing the mud off .

Man I want a set of 80 series alloys on my truck... They look great.. can't be found for diamonds o'er this way..

Someone once commented on the taughtness of my centre rear brake hose when i posted up a pic but the axle wasn't actually connected to the chassis by much else at the time , its never been a problem for me but swb might be different from lwb .

As for the handbrake its a running joke that all cruisers only have one until you do a little off roading , readjusting goes right along with washing the mud off .

I think I might have a longer hose made up. You're not running an ARB either are you?

I'm a bit stumped by the handbrake cable, it's clearly just not long enough once things start articulating. I may look at relocating the upper mount for it lower down and see if that helps.

Oh and realised I will need to attack that front inner arch lip with the grinder!

If your going to mess with the handbrake , i have long held a theory that the slack is in the hand lever then to move the cable up the lever pulls taught with lesser leverage and goes slack with lesser leverage .

Not something i've ever got under the truck to investigate but if the principal can be put into practice i can't see why 3 or 4 inch extra cable wouldn't remedy the problem ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If your going to mess with the handbrake , i have long held a theory that the slack is in the hand lever then to move the cable up the lever pulls taught with lesser leverage and goes slack with lesser leverage .

Not something i've ever got under the truck to investigate but if the principal can be put into practice i can't see why 3 or 4 inch extra cable wouldn't remedy the problem ?
Got to be worth a try! My wonder is whether the sleeve is too short.

Out with the 82 degree star in with the 76

IMG_20190905_204837.jpg

Grrr looks like I ordered the wrong stat! It's a bit too big to seat in the block. Can anyone point me at the right one... Have a feeling its 72 degrees not 76 as well

And this is where we stop today... Run out of etch primer

IMG_20190907_190727.jpg

Guys looking for thoughts on 12v system... what are you running - battery / controller / charger / locations etc. etc.

Back