Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rattling and squeaking on bad roads

dezz1990

Country Flag
panama
Hello 120er experts!

Since i live in Panama (many bad roads) and i love to explore offroad as well, our suspension got heavy tasks sometimes.. I recently changed the shocks, sway bars and control arm.

The shocks work fine, but i still have an annoying rattling and squeaking on bad roads, so i guess there must be something else..

Its on all 4 wheels, but more in the front.

Anyone knows / can locate the problem?

Tried to get the sound as good as possible.

Thanks, Julian

Attachments

• VID_20230313_083045.mp4
    10.7 MB
Take a look at your exhaust mounts maybe add some rubber grease .

Just went under the car, all the mounts look good and they sit how they should.. I can shake the exhaust as i like and there is no specific noise!

The squeaking seems to come mostly from the rear suspension, everytime it absorbs a shock.

The front is more rattling when it absorbs a shock. I also changed the front bearings recently.

I had the same problem with my truck, I found that my side steps were the problem. Check that all the screws are tight.

They sit perfect no chance to shake them by hand.. i can even jump on it - no squeak

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would try to grease the bushings. Rattles can be a pain to eliminate. You‘ll have to rule out all the cause one by one. Be patient, you’ll find it.

Could WD40 help to see if its this part or do i need to lift and remove?

Can’t hurt if you try. Your main concern is to find the source of the rattle. If WD40 help then you can go deeper and grease it.

Update: still persist.. tried a lot to find the source but did not. Now i can add a rhytmical squeaking from the right rear wheel, which is accelerating with driving speed

Attachments

• 4_5767162083682555557.mp4
    12 MB
Are you certain it's not the fan belt or the exhaust?

Rhytmical squeaking while driving getting bader.. Bearings seem to be fine and the wheel is 100 solid in place.

Lifted the car to shake the wheel, some sounds.. everything normal?

Attachments

• VID-20230621-WA0000.mp4
    1.7 MB
Back