Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Indicator Assembly

Brian S

Country Flag
england
I want to put the indicators and Stop/Tail lights in the body mounted assembly with the reversing lights
Anyone done this ?
Change the units, or just put the required bulbs in the areas provided.

If changing the units, where did you get the units with the Amber lens

If just putting the bulbs, where did you get the Looms/Bulb holders

Mine is a 2001 Collie D4d UK model

I think most you can buy come with 3 bulb holders now and its a lot less messing about . I think i got mine from roughtrax at a reasonable price , though i later swapped them for smoked lense leads .

I believe the markings/slot for the bulb holders are actually there on the OEM lights. So with some skill you can cut the slot. I went to the junk yard and sourced some bulb holders and made my own loom. Wires/connectors are all there from memory.

To hook them up you tap into the tow socket loom which can be found behind the rear passenger side panel . Legally you have to keep the bumper lights so the only real advantage of working upper lights is to have two reverse lights .

It depends on how much you want to spend.. I did my upper lights for €23.. bought bulb holders and a bit of cable, drilled out the ready marked slots in the housings and wired into the loom in beside the jack, and the other in the drivers side rear wing. which has most things in it. The fog light I had to run from the passenger side over. It makes a big difference to the visibility of the truck at night.

Pre wired units can be pricey, but if you don't fancy DIY they might be as handy.

Back