Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Restoration Mode Enabled

Charis

Country Flag
cyprus
Hello guys/girls/aliens etc..........

So i got some of the money and i have send the car repaint - rust check - bends and cracks fix and some other things that i didnt like on tha car . The color paint i have choose is a Toyota 8T5 (i think is used in Tundra model) from Duppont colors . Has a effect solution in the paint - some metal which is changing from Blue to Dark Blue effect at noon-nights . Thinks i didnt like from the paint guy is tha he will not remove the carpet from the back of the car and spray that also but i think that after i finish the car paint i will just bedline everything no LineX and fancy just cheap from ebay . Photos follows . Please if you have any suggestions are all more than welcome . When i find some more time i will post also what i have order from UAE and Amayama with prices if i find the freaking invoices (there are somewhere but where......). Thats all for now. Have a nice day.
IMG_20160621_112209.jpg
IMG_20160621_112213.jpg
IMG_20160621_112230.jpg
IMG_20160621_112233.jpg
IMG_20160621_112246.jpg
IMG_20160625_082414.jpg
IMG_20160625_082427.jpg

Sounds like a plan, looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished product.

Welcome Charis, great to see another 80 suffering the restoration process. This is something that I think we will see more of in the UK as values rise. ATM 80 prices in the UK are probably the lowest in the world.

Welcome to the forum Charis. Good to see another 80 (sorry, 81) getting some TLC and a make-over.

What's the plan, keep it clean street machine, or will you be taking it offroad?

It's a bit hot in Cyprus at the moment, I gather... :cool:

Welcome Charis, great to see another 80 suffering the restoration process. This is something that I think we will see more of in the UK as values rise. ATM 80 prices in the UK are probably the lowest in the world.

Hello Andy. ATM there are not 80s for sale in whole Cyprus , and if you find something it will be in a very nasty shape for someone to let it go . I bougth mine for 6 thounds euros. After a week of the purchase the previous owner called to buy it back for 6500. I just hangup the phone hehehhehe .

Welcome to the forum Charis. Good to see another 80 (sorry, 81) getting some TLC and a make-over.

What's the plan, keep it clean street machine, or will you be taking it offroad?

It's a bit hot in Cyprus at the moment, I gather... :cool:

Hello Clive . I just opened the door to check the weather and i fill like a med-well done steak . The plan for the car i a extreme family break out machine , a bit of everything . I will do some mods on the car i will do my best listing everything. Have a nice day for now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Charis, looking good so far. Looking forward to seeing it finished and seeing what the new colour looks like. You won't need an oven to bake the paint dry, just push it outside. :)

Hi Charis, looking good so far. Looking forward to seeing it finished and seeing what the new colour looks like. You won't need an oven to bake the paint dry, just push it outside. :)

Hello Star . Hehhe is like Hells entrance at the moment . I just checked the meter it says 39 celsius . If it keeps like that no oven needed hehehehhe . I have a sample of the color which looks nice . I will try and get to the office and pick it up (not really is freaking oven outside) . Have a nice day.

Hello Andy. ATM there are not 80s for sale in whole Cyprus , and if you find something it will be in a very nasty shape for someone to let it go . I bougth mine for 6 thounds euros. After a week of the purchase the previous owner called to buy it back for 6500. I just hangup the phone hehehhehe .

Gia soo charis, ethame brasino 80s series stin Larnaka tin brotoxronia.
ebexame,e ego ebexa,na doume to Lancruiser autokinito . Bou meveis stiv kupro? kai bko body shop bas?
nomiso tha abantisis sta Anglika ebithi o sidrfos mou to egrapse bou einai abo tin Aradippou.

Gia soo charis, ethame brasino 80s series stin Larnaka tin brotoxronia.
ebexame,e ego ebexa,na doume to Lancruiser autokinito . Bou meveis stiv kupro? kai bko body shop bas?
nomiso tha abantisis sta Anglika ebithi o sidrfos mou to egrapse bou einai abo tin Aradippou.
Hi Andy . Am from Limassol . George Tsakro something is the name of the bodyshop .

Oh yes.

Good choice of color Charis, you won't regret that! :thumbup:

Welcome Charis.....great colour & wonderful to see another rare 80 being refurbished. Look forward to seeing more as you share. :thumbup:

Oh yes.

Good choice of color Charis, you won't regret that! :thumbup:

Lets see the result Clive am also curius how`s gonna look.

Welcome Charis.....great colour & wonderful to see another rare 80 being refurbished. Look forward to seeing more as you share. :thumbup:
I will do my best , I have boxes of thinks arraiving almost every week . I will try and keep update the build log as often as possible.

Would be a great shot to see both trucks side by side ( hint )
I have no problem on that . We can arrange it when my car is done .

Ok guys , a pile of parts arrived and it was good time to continue with the car . Yes i know........they car is dusty (fk up actually) and freshly painted. They were doing some building work later that day and someone forgot to close the bloody back door . The dust was everywhere . The shop had 10 frasly painted car fully dusted up . Anyway parts arrived placed on car , got a bargain for 150 euros on the front clear ligths NEW IN BOX people. The only mistake i had was the weatherstips for the front doors . I have to order again . . By the way the color is not showed properly here under that dust.
This on the list now are front grill painted black mat , front wind difuser , and cleaning a lot of it .
That all folks for now .
IMG_20160713_101134.jpg
IMG_20160713_101144.jpg
IMG_20160713_101156.jpg
IMG_20160713_135033.jpg

Nice one, this was mine three years ago when freshly painted, before I re-fitted the rear bumper, is it the same colour do you think?

image.png

Looks the same Clive ....you found you long lost brother....lol:lol:

Looks like it :icon-cool:

I wrapped it in heavy-duty clear plastic wrap after the re-spray, 'cos I do a fair bit of offroad on "scratchy" tracks, plenty of spiky bushes and the tracks are really narrow by me. If you look at the photo closely, you can see a join in the plastic under the rear light cluster and another at the top of the rear pillar where it meets the roof in line with the gutter trim.

It's worked well the last 3 years, it's scratched the plastic, but the paintwork underneath is as-new.

Nice one, this was mine three years ago when freshly painted, before I re-fitted the rear bumper, is it the same colour do you think?

View attachment 103876
Hmm .... look close but not the same for sure .The resason am saying this is that we have created the blue paint out of a formula and we didnt use the Toyota paint i previously mentioned. Pic follows. And finally ,

IMG_20160716_143457.jpg
IMG_20160716_143509.jpg

Back