Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2016

I was going to ask Ram if he will be joining us again this year but i have lost his number ?

I was going to ask Ram if he will be joining us again this year but i have lost his number ?
I still have him in my contacts, it's +44 7950 680681

Thanks Chas he doesn't use the forum much so i have sent him a heads up .

Ram is selling his shop and is reasonably confident he will be without shackles when the time comes but we all know that can be a haphazard journey so put him down as a maybe :thumbup:

Hi

I'm getting pushed back towards end of September for available dates, so probably too late for this trip. But, all can change, and frequently does!

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi

I'm getting pushed back towards end of September for available dates, so probably too late for this trip. But, all can change, and frequently does!

Pete

As I said before mate, more than welcome to come after the others are gone if you want. The place is yours for as long as you like, as long as we can come to visit at the weekends! :thumbup:

am still ok for the 1st 2 weeks of sept

just got to work out when i will arrive and depart Bulgaria

I'm still into that:)...Nothing has changed! And hope to keep it that way:)

Great. [emoji4] Reminds me of some of the roads round Bognor.

Potholed, breaking up and in need of resurfacing.

Otherwise what a great road! Well done Clive's father in law. [emoji4]

Potholed, breaking up and in need of resurfacing.

Otherwise what a great road! Well done Clive's father in law. [emoji4]

Cheers Rich, I'll get a message to him!

I was also wondering, not that the roads around Bognor aren't beautiful and challenging, but I don't remember any of them rising to, and descending from, circa 2400 m above sea level... :whistle:

Cheers Rich, I'll get a message to him!

I was also wondering, not that the roads around Bognor aren't beautiful and challenging, but I don't remember any of them rising to, and descending from, circa 2400 m above sea level... :whistle:

Crikey…it's not his job to maintain it still is it?…[emoji4]

I'm afraid I've never heard Bognor's roads described as beautiful Clive. Doing the pothole slalom at night could be described as challenging though…[emoji35].

In fairness we are getting a brand new road, a bypass with a sweeping viaduct over the railway and rife which rises at its peak to probably 24m above sea level…it's only 5 years later than promised 'cos the house builders had to pay for it, and maintain it for the next 100 years by all accounts. So that'll be full of potholes and cracks once the company goes bust then.

Crikey…it's not his job to maintain it still is it?…[emoji4]

I'm afraid I've never heard Bognor's roads described as beautiful Clive. Doing the pothole slalom at night could be described as challenging though…[emoji35].

In fairness we are getting a brand new road, a bypass with a sweeping viaduct over the railway and rife which rises at its peak to probably 24m above sea level…it's only 5 years later than promised 'cos the house builders had to pay for it, and maintain it for the next 100 years by all accounts. So that'll be full of potholes and cracks once the company goes bust then.

You'd think so to hear him sometimes!

I have a theory that the worse a road is, the better for me in my truck. I can hit almost anything the potholes throw at me, and the truck takes them in its stride. Otherwise, the general public find another way, and I get a traffic free road.

It's a proven theory, when they lay new asphalt, there are traffic queues....:icon-rolleyes:

With apologies in advance for cribbing in on ratrace's thread, we've been making some progress in the extension ('bout time too) :?

The 4 extra rooms are almost finished, except for the flooring. Yet the en-suite bathrooms hadn't even started when the forum guys last visited at the end of August last year.

So, work has gone ahead with paneling out in waterproof/resistant plasterboarding, all rooms done now to that stage. The present phase is tiling the bathrooms.

Room 1 (beige #1)
Still just plasterboard, but with some mods done to the plumbing, lessons learned from the work done in the other rooms...

image.jpeg

Room 2 (blue)
Excellent progress, tiling finished, all but the cut row around the skirting, and grouting up yet to do.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Room 3 (green)
Boarding and plumbing mods done and 2 walls tiled...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Room 4 (beige #2)
As with room 3, boarding and plumbing mods done, with 2 walls tiled...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And, boards for the bedroom floors, which have spent 2 years in a drying room at my neighbour's house (Nicu, the carpenter) are getting stacked up in the hallway... ready for laying.

image.jpeg

It's March, 6 months from September, but looking promising to be able to offer some extra accommodation, if required. :thumbup:

Maybe, no guarantees yet ....

Last edited:
Looking good mate i can't see the room service bell though :whistle:

I'm impressed Clive, is Aura good at wiring multiple bell circuits then? [emoji6][emoji4][emoji4]

I expect she knows a man that can do lots of things like my Lynn does Clive…[emoji4][emoji4]

Back