Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Runs fine on LPG but not on Petrol?????????

alexltw

Hi being abit lazy sorry ! or should I ask on Ih8mud? Have a 95 fzj80 4.5ltr. It runs fine on LPG but has just started to have a major lack of power when accelerating until you floor it it then kicks down and pulls like a train then you back off and it starts all over again but not all but most of the time!?????? please please any ideas ! throttle body maff etc etc ! :pray:

Also have a bull bar how do you bolt on to chassie as I can,t find the two matching bolt holes ? is there a fitting kit? does it also bolt to bolts on top of bumper (front) thanks

Your lpg system may be set up to switch back to petrol under high load like when you floor it in which case try having the lpg system serviced, could just be a clogged filter restricting flow or something more serious.

Hi john
Im running on petrol at the mo as have not got to lpg pump yet so no lpg on board and is a manual switch over . it is a single point system ! has run fine b4 on petrol but now starts fine a slight bit lumpy. no loss of water in cooling system or pressure build up so hopfully not cyl head.could a blocked fuel filler cap be it? when you drive off fine butas soon as you increase the power it goes flat starting to miss in the air filter? when the pedal is burried in the floor it kicks down and power is there .?????????

I read your problem the wrong way round :roll: If it's ok on LPG then it's unlikely to be the ignition system i.e. plugs, HT leads etc as faults on those tend to show up on LPG before petrol. There is a common problem on the petrol motors where part of the wiring loom gets burnt on the exhaust manifold and IIRC it's the petrol injector loom but I can't remember the exact details or how it manifests.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back