Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Satelite help

joinerman

Garage
Our satelite box is really old & the picture is freezing more & more, can i just get another box off eblag & plug & play or is there more involved.

Could it be the dish / LNB (thing inside the dish). Those are quite cheap (£20ish) on ebay.

Our satelite box is really old & the picture is freezing more & more, can i just get another box off eblag & plug & play or is there more involved.
It's more than likely rust on the dish, crud on the LNB, (bit in the middle), water down the co ax cable or dish misalignment. Sometimes it's the box, try car boot sales, often you can get them quite cheaply when people upgrade.

Last edited:
to ST's point - try freecycle. If there is nothing listed then put in a WANTED post and someone will have one spare they no longer want. Free is always good :)

All good help thanks but can i just unplug my existing one plug in a different one & swap cards ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
All good help thanks but can i just unplug my existing one plug in a different one & swap cards ?
If it's like for like then usually yes. Just unplug the power lead first. Check the F connector(s) are well fitted to the satellite caves and screwed on tight.

Back