Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Shed!!

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Having considered downsizing a bit but wanting something a little more involving than a 120 series I have decided to try out a Collie D4D to see if I like one, so having seen this advertised at sensible money I decided to view as a starting point for my search. Not too far away so off I went.
Having a few pointers from SAE70 Steve I had a look.

IMG_0438_zpsb750f631.jpg

No MOT or tax, but I knew that so what was it?

Badly fitting O/S/F wing, looks like been off and back on.
Batteries fairly flat but did start the engine which did sound sweet.
ABS light on?? guess what? no front drive shafts !!!
Scuffs/scratches all round, paint peeling off.
O/S/F wheel touching rear of arch on RH lock.
Wheels really pitted and bald tyres, N/S/R nearly flat.
Back axle was all dry.

Didn't even bother getting past looking at it from the lack of driveshafts, I was off.

Thats what I did Boxing day morning, straight onto the 100 when I got back.

Andy

Of all the things we spoke about on the phone Andy I never considered that both the front drive shafts may be missing :lol: :wtf:

Sounds as though its had some kind of front end repair and now you mention it when you look at the engine bay photo on the Autotrader advert it looks as though everything on the N/S has been replaced! Battery, expansion bottle, air box even the rad look super new and clean. There is also a black plastic grill trim missing from around the intercooler. It must have been a fair impact to have damaged both front drive shafts and sounds as though at least one of the wishbones has been pushed back. It's also missing the headlight washer jets from off the top of the bumper! Would be interesting to do a vehicle check on it, to see if its ever been a total loss? It's a real shame it wasn't nice enough to buy, but explains the low price.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...nual/onesearchad/used,nearlynew,new?logcode=p

You think that the seller would feel obliged to mention the lack of front driveshafts in the ad?

What baffles me is that this is a trade seller and he says in the advert that it's '100% Good' :laughing-rolling:

'TOP OF RANGE TOYOTA LANDCRUISER D4D 5 DOORS 4X4 DIESEL MANUAL /AIR CONDITIONING E/WINDOW CD PLAYER ENGINE AND GEARBOX 100%GOOD TEST DRIVE WELCOME NO VAT WINTER BARGAIN'

The other thing that I've just noticed is that the OE spare is missing, maybe it was used to replace a badly damaged one
:think:

He doesn't say its 4WD though :lol: :think:
'TOP OF RANGE TOYOTA LANDCRUISER D4D 5 DOORS 4X4 DIESEL MANUAL /AIR CONDITIONING E/WINDOW CD PLAYER ENGINE AND GEARBOX 100%GOOD TEST DRIVE WELCOME NO VAT WINTER BARGAIN' :whistle: :icon-smile:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Actually I've probably not been so kind to him as I think what he's saying in his add is that the engine and gearbox are 100% good :think:

TOP OF RANGE TOYOTA LANDCRUISER D4D 5 DOORS 4X4 DIESEL MANUAL /AIR CONDITIONING E/WINDOW CD PLAYER ENGINE AND GEARBOX 100%GOOD TEST DRIVE WELCOME NO VAT WINTER BARGAIN

But you could imagine someone buying it who did not know 4x4 and just wanting something for the winter, that would be bad news for them when the snow comes

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

'TOP OF RANGE TOYOTA LANDCRUISER D4D 5 DOORS 4X4 DIESEL MANUAL /AIR CONDITIONING E/WINDOW CD PLAYER ENGINE AND GEARBOX 100%GOOD TEST DRIVE WELCOME NO VAT WINTER BARGAIN' :whistle: :icon-smile:

I'll always stand corrected! :doh:

I've tried to find a report seller on autotrader website without success , shall i email the seller a link to this thread it might just save somebody a whole heap of grief and we all hate traders like this . What do you think ?

I would email autotrader I think

I would let Andt decide on that - its every buyers responsibility to check things out for themselves, although saying its 4x4 when its not is just plain daft, thats a problem coming back to him for sure!

Off topic completely CWC - met your man Gordon Brown couple of months back, we have rewritten our response group initial training course and he gave us some good input, fine chap.

Pete

Back