Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site Upgrade (Something has has nothing to do with COVID-19)

Chas,

1) What computer/tablet etc operating system are you using?
2) What browser are you using?

I known there's just been an iOS update recently, and some decent Win10 updates as well.

Also Firefox have been changing settings left right and centre on the Android version, not so much on the Win10 version.
I installed a brand new Dell PC a couple of weeks ago running Win 10, Win10 updates are downloaded automatically, browser is Chrome, I did try Microsoft Edge but that was the same as Chrome as far as this site was concerned.
Yesterday as usual I had three pages open, eBay, Facebook and this site, I switch them on as soon as I switch on the computer and throughout the day I would look at one or the other and this site was always slow, then for some reason in the evening this site speeded up.
I had made no changes to anything, all was fine right up until I turned off and went to bed.
Now this morning this site is back to its slow state whereas all other sites are normal, eBay, Facebook and my emails are all acting normally.
I'm wondering if this site made some changes last night that caused the speed up but if that's the case why is it slow today?

What anti-virus are you running?
I'm using Norton 360 as I have been for years (it has recently beenupdated)
Apart from the speed problems here there are other peculiarities, for instance just now I clicked on What's New and it took me to the My threads page, usually it takes me to Forum List when it does go wrong.
Now that can't be anything to do with my PC it must be a site problem!

Just looking at the ergonomics of the menus - I wonder if it would be too much work to move the 2 menu bars apart. I'm wondering if it's picking the wrong menu as it drops the top menu off.

Is yours touch or normal screen?

Norton is a hungry and heavy bit of software, so that can sometimes be a drama.

Normal screen not touch.
I've had no problems with Norton for years now and it always performed OK with the old site before the upgrade so it must be the upgrade that has caused this trouble.

I've got no idea what's happened and I didn't want to mention it earlier but today is the third day that this site has been operating normally for me. :dance: Long may it continue.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I still have indication that there are two messages for me on my PM's but there isn't when I Iook, is there anyway you can clear them for me please Crispin?

Back