Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkels

Coops

Country Flag
great_britain
What are people using for the Diesel's? Pics are very welcome to. Looking for a good one for mine.

Thanks
Shaun

Safari snorkels have a good rep with 80 owners but any one you can find for sale is usually good enough for a 90 because we can drive around things :lol:

I was considering one for sale on amazon a little while back so it might be worth a look to see if its still on there .

The only ones i can find are the square looking ones on the right hand side wing on eblag, That is why i have asked

http://www.lrchallenge4x4.co.uk/product.php/6880097/

This is a handy thread i think fitting a snorkel is included in it somewhere https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/fitted-fierys-ironman-suspension-lift.129110/

I want something similar to this and i found it in Poland or somewhere after much web trawling iirc it was for RHD and the exchange rate made it about £350 , i'm sure i posted it on the forum somewhere ???

upload_2018-2-17_16-6-37.jpeg

Yes similar to that one Shayne, but not as chunky and a more conventional top too. I like to go green laning and with a snorkel like that it would get demolished lol.

Yes similar to that one Shayne, but not as chunky and a more conventional top too. I like to go green laning and with a snorkel like that it would get demolished lol.
I think the cyclonic type are less vulnerable, well it hasn't been ripped off yet.

9.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Used similar on Landies for years - just spin the top around so it points backwards when laning and they don't generally get dragged off...

I'm all for getting a snork if you like the look, or are driving in poor air quality environments. As for water, the 90 has 700mm wading depth from the factory... a bit more if you are careful with a bow wave... I'm not sure if I'd want to be in anything deeper. Water ingress and back end lifting become problems after that.. But it's totally dependant on what you want to do yourself.

The kits I've seen for the diesel have a kind of box on the passenger wing and the indicator has to move, because the airbox is on that side. I'll try get a link later.. poor signal

Looks like it's just the ones on the N/S/F wing then. Thanks for the help

I'm all for getting a snork if you like the look, or are driving in poor air quality environments. As for water, the 90 has 700mm wading depth from the factory... a bit more if you are careful with a bow wave... I'm not sure if I'd want to be in anything deeper. Water ingress and back end lifting become problems after that.. But it's totally dependant on what you want to do yourself.

The kits I've seen for the diesel have a kind of box on the passenger wing and the indicator has to move, because the airbox is on that side. I'll try get a link later.. poor signal

Not so sure about the air quality point - they're called a snorkel for a reason. In poor air conditions fine dust tends to rise, so raising your air intake can make the position worse (cos your dragging in fine particles, that get through your filers, rather than heavy, large particles that the filter deals with). Lots of discussion on this in Oz and the US re desert driving. TBH 90% + buyers its a fashion statement. Few are going to drive in 3 feet plus water...

Back