Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snow Watch

white90

Supporter
Country Flag
england
If anyone gets snow where you are can you post it on here please, been years since we had any in the midlands, just need to go out and play in the truck, thanks (Clive I know you get lots of snow, but Romanias a bit too far for me).

I'm in NE Scotland not too far from Cairngorms and some of the highest roads in the UK. When it snows I'm always trying to get the time to run up the Lecht (630m) or the A93 at Glenshee Ski Centre (over 600m) or a single track above Ben Lawers next to Tarmachan Ridge (580m). There are other places if there's a good snow, much lower down. We have miles and miles of single track here, but most of it you need permission to drive on, unless the gate is open and there is no sign! (I don't drive off the tracks on vegetation) Almost always have snow my mid-Dec. These pics were from the single track near Ben Lawers in late Nov. It melted since then, we had some on Boxing Day, but been too warm for much except on the highest peaks like Ben Macdui and Lochnagar (I mean proper, snowshoes needed kind of snow). As you probably know, we're going to get a good one next couple of days. The Lecht is showing heavy snow all day and heavy at times for the next three, so I think the white stuff is finally here to stay, fingers crossed. I love driving in it when it's not been gritted. A foot of pure snow and a few deeper drifts without grit is the best (most fun) way to really clean wheels, tyres and other bits underneath ;)

_DSC8468.JPG _DSC8486.JPG _DSC8487.JPG _DSC8504.JPG _DSC8530.JPG _DSC8543.JPG _DSC8585.JPG _DSC8594.JPG

Last edited:
Go North to the Peaks and you'll find some, or West into Snowdonia or Mid Wales and there'll be some there too (from tomorrow).

If anyone gets snow where you are can you post it on here please, been years since we had any in the midlands, just need to go out and play in the truck, thanks (Clive I know you get lots of snow, but Romanias a bit too far for me).

It is a bit of a jaunt I must admit.

Still, we're having a bit of fun these days and no sign of a thaw coming.

In fact, another 30 cm of snow is forecast for next week, on top of what we've just had.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wet , (large puddles) windy and cold here, no ice....yet
Supposed to have had a flurry or two

After all the hype and don't go out the house you might die... no bloody snow.

I'm in NE Scotland not too far from Cairngorms and some of the highest roads in the UK. When it snows I'm always trying to get the time to run up the Lecht (630m) or the A93 at Glenshee Ski Centre (over 600m) or a single track above Ben Lawers next to Tarmachan Ridge (580m). There are other places if there's a good snow, much lower down. We have miles and miles of single track here, but most of it you need permission to drive on, unless the gate is open and there is no sign! (I don't drive off the tracks on vegetation) Almost always have snow my mid-Dec. These pics were from the single track near Ben Lawers in late Nov. It melted since then, we had some on Boxing Day, but been too warm for much except on the highest peaks like Ben Macdui and Lochnagar (I mean proper, snowshoes needed kind of snow). As you probably know, we're going to get a good one next couple of days. The Lecht is showing heavy snow all day and heavy at times for the next three, so I think the white stuff is finally here to stay, fingers crossed. I love driving in it when it's not been gritted. A foot of pure snow and a few deeper drifts without grit is the best (most fun) way to really clean wheels, tyres and other bits underneath ;)

View attachment 112190 View attachment 112191 View attachment 112192 View attachment 112193 View attachment 112194 View attachment 112195 View attachment 112196 View attachment 112197
What a stunningly beautiful place, nice truck too.

It's coming down steadily here close to ballyclare :dance:

Just finished in Bromley, maybe an inch deep. Truck went for a bit a slide nearly into the back of someone!

I grew up in Bromley!
I remember trudging through snow there after being sent home early from school. :)

Last edited:
Good pics "rusty bottoms"
I drove that road a year or so ago past Ben lawyers,
Wouldn't fancy the northern descent in snow, big drop on one side.
So nice camping spots around there.

You must live near me then.
More snow tonight, I hear Elgin has gridlocked.
I was in my Yaris tonight, but might unleash the Hilux. Tomorrow

Hope for more snow tonight so I can get out skiing at weekend

Only a dusting here near Insch

IMG_2515.JPG

We had some in Herts but it's all turned to mush though. :(

Looking at raintoday.co.uk there is nothing left :( :(

Back