Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snow Watch

it was in the local rag that 8 people spent 12 hours in there vehicles until mountain rescue and the army could get to them on the leek to buxton road.

The last time I can remember it being that bad in the Peak District was in 2010.

that was the best winter i can remember, it was week after week of snow and blizzards.

it was in the local rag that 8 people spent 12 hours in there vehicles until mountain rescue and the army could get to them on the leek to buxton road.

We still have relatives, from my Mum's side, in Leek and I can remember a few times, as a kid, coming home over Axe Edge in a blizzard conditions. One time that comes to mind it was particularly bad coming home in Dad's Mini Countryman and he had to get out numerous times with the shovel. Took us ages!

yes, i might come across light hearted about the snow but im not. you have to respect these conditions.
i know how quickly things can turn bad. ive had to stop driving before in white out conditions where you cant see a thing due to the driving snow, all the while the snows building up against your vehicle..

We were hearing the usual stories on the news of people going out un prepared and ill equipped because they "didn't expect to get stranded". Friday is a regular shopping day for us so I just thought "feck it, I'm going":lol:
No problem with the LC of course although, with the tyres now well over half worn, it didn't seem to have quite the level of grip it had the last time out in such conditions. I came across a 4x4 pickup trying to pull a truck over the brow of a hill at a local roundabout with a piece of rope with several knots in it that kept breaking so I lent them a "proper" tow rope with shackles each end. That was the only "excitement" of the day!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
does anyone expect to get stranded?.. :D

Back