So what trips are people going on in 2020

Olazz

I am in zimbabwe
Apr 23, 2010
HERTS
I'll be back in North Africa spring and autumn.

Big Western Sahara trip in March, over 2000km on pistes. Rekkam Plateau in October then WS again. In between a load in the main bits of Morocco.

Might pop into Mauritania depending on how things turn out
Mark, you seem to have fallen in love with Morocco, indeed a beautiful country. Have you explored anywhere else in Africa? If the Morocco/desert landscape is your 'thing" then you would love Namibia for sure. Why not venture further south on your travels?.. I don't mean W/S or M'tania.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

MarkW

I am in morocco
Aug 20, 2014
Dorset
Indeed I have, I'd been visiting for 12 years before the landcruiser came along.. In fact it was that which pushed me into Overlanding.

It's an amazing country that needs a lot of time to properly explore, 2 weeks, 2 months etc and you've barely scratched the surface of what it has to offer.

I also love heat and deserts so Namibia doe have an interest for me. Top of my list is the Algerian Sahara and recent development are putting a whole load of new Overlanding options on the table.

2021 and I may be doing a big trip via Algeria. First confirmed tourist doing what I'm thinking of, did get shot at because he drove a 60 though.

Reactions: chapel gate

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
I am in england
May 26, 2014
near, leek staffs.
Yep, Starting in Halifax, Nova Scotia and heading down to Ushuaia. Any tips? I'll drop you a PM so as not to take over this thread.
Every good overland trip starts off in Halifax.. :)

How the new year has started off I'll be lucky to make a trip to kwik save..

Last edited:
Reactions: Higgy

grantw

Supporter
Jul 15, 2012
South London
I think il give Iran a miss this year.. (Thanks to Trump and his Twitchy finger).. Hope Grant and Sarah are OK, I think they were heading that way This week..
We are good thanks mate! Currently 4 hours drive from the Iranian border working out/waiting to see what will happen. We may opt for a quick crossing into Pakistan and further explore Iran another time.

if things kick off well turn around and head north back to Georgia. It’s quite cheap there to lay low.

Higgy

Supporter
I am in denmark
Mar 6, 2018
sandwich kent
We are good thanks mate! Currently 4 hours drive from the Iranian border working out/waiting to see what will happen. We may opt for a quick crossing into Pakistan and further explore Iran another time.

if things kick off well turn around and head north back to Georgia. It’s quite cheap there to lay low.
Yeh! Keep 'yer' Head down Mate, Just heard Russia and China are joining Forces with Iran, So if it kicks off, It will be a Hell of a Bang!:lol:.... Seriously 'tho' Stay Safe.:eusa-shhh:

Garfieldus

I am in ireland
Nov 18, 2010
West Wicklow
April - Adventure Country Tracks, Portugal (2 wheels)
July - 20th Boreen Run, Ireland (2 wheels)
August - Le Camping Moto, France (2 wheels)
September - Montana, USA (2 wheels)
November - Morocco (4 wheels with 2 wheels on the trailer)

Reactions: Rosas

Lorin

Mar 28, 2010
Bournemouth
Were off through Eastern Europe for 6 months from 29th March. Hope to follow large sections of the Trans Euro Trail. Will also be my first trip towing a trailer....

Reactions: yogi and GeekOKent

Graham

I am in uk
Mar 22, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
Garage
Yeh! Keep 'yer' Head down Mate, Just heard Russia and China are joining Forces with Iran, So if it kicks off, It will be a Hell of a Bang!:lol:.... Seriously 'tho' Stay Safe.:eusa-shhh:
Really ?
Russia maybe, but I can't see China getting involved.
Do you have a creditable link ?

steverjuk

Supporter
I am in uk
Jan 8, 2019
I’m trying to get a trip in but with the new born it’s hard work, plus you need to plan your campsites

hamba

Supporter
I am in uk
Jan 3, 2016
Northern Ireland
Overland driving ?
Unfortunately not, I have family all over the Cape so it will be lots of driving but mostly on the black stuff with some gravel roads.

I'm still looking at what hire car options there are that will not shake us to bits for the gravel roads with good height for going into some of the game reserves.

Reactions: thelal

Justin Lincoln

I am in australia
Dec 11, 2019
Bachsten's bush camp off the Gibb River road in the Kimberley in winter school holidays. Tried two years ago but stuffed a rear shockie and had to turn back...

Reactions: Lorin

leeloo

I am in romania
Jul 29, 2018
Brussels
April in Morocco, in the summer Gerogia and Armenia, becouse I think I might be able to get about a month off, si it should be enough time to get there and explore a bit.
This trips will be done in my new Hilux, I sold the Landcruiser....

Rosas

I am in portugal
Nov 18, 2014
Aveiro
April - Adventure Country Tracks, Portugal (2 wheels)
July - 20th Boreen Run, Ireland (2 wheels)
August - Le Camping Moto, France (2 wheels)
September - Montana, USA (2 wheels)
November - Morocco (4 wheels with 2 wheels on the trailer)
Have a nice trip in my country.

You already have the route?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks