Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Somerset flooding.

ummm, just heard 4x4s being mentioned on the Jeremy Vine show as part reason for recent flooding/climate change. No mention of the 4x4s helping out there. No doubt same people blaming them would be happy to use them if up to their ass in water.

Thats always the way down here it seems - when its dry and sunny everyone gives you a dirty look but when its wet or they need a tow that all changes !

Thats always the way down here it seems - when its dry and sunny everyone gives you a dirty look but when its wet or they need a tow that all changes !

yet any large engine estate car goes past without a second glance, peoples perception is a strange a thing eh!

Don't seem to get problems like that right down here in the bottom of south devon though

Different mindset I guess or mybe its more rural ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like they is a possibility that we at Northants 4x4 RT maybe sending so guys down there to give you a hand

You'd better have a snorkel......
pedubuqe.jpg

Honestly, that is just average.

It's so bad now all we can do are the bits round the edges, most wading is now about 600mm, there's not really anything shallower.

I have had a few days away, and back on tomorrow.

Not been posting cos I'm a bit drained.

Regards all

Pete

Last edited:
What a tragedy. Take a break Pete, you're no use to anyone if you're beat, not even to yourself.

Good luck tomorrow, take care. :|:|:|

Can't drive Stalwarts on the road, no diffs whatsoever so they wind up until summat goes bang.
Those Duck things would be ok (did they work out why the London Duck tour one sank twice?)

bloody hell, thats a crazy photo. Poor buggers. Saying on the news there has been looting at some of the deserted homes. Would like to get a hold of those b'stards.

You'd better have a snorkel......
pedubuqe.jpg

Honestly, that is just average.

It's so bad now all we can do are the bits round the edges, most wading is now about 600mm, there's not really anything shallower.

I have had a few days away, and back on tomorrow.

Not been posting cos I'm a bit drained.

Regards all

Pete
600mm = Childs play.

Lets try get it it up to double that.

I am waiting until its 1000mm, then go play in the water time.

Gra

600mm = Childs play.

Lets try get it it up to double that.

I am waiting until its 1000mm, then go play in the water time.

Gra

You really thought that comment through didn't you :icon-rolleyes:

Wobbly - is that the Craft and furniture shop near Burrowbridge ?!

Paulpen - it was. I think the people actually moved the business to Taunton at the end of last year though, maybe I should get them to do my lottery ticket!

Graham - appreciate comment made in jest, no worries - there were a fair few tourist-4x4s but tbh they are less frequent as its a bit like driving into a lake, you can no longer see a huge amount of roads.

Thefts - yep, loads. Oil in particular, although looting will follow.

I havent posted the photos Ive taken of dead animals, bit sickening to be honest. I took them to show people who dont realise this is a real life disaster - its only thanks to a merciful god (dont know which one!) that no-one has died around here, although the poor kiddy up north died of co2 poisoning caused by a diesel pump being used indoors.

If you want to see a real-time disaster being acted out in front of you, search FLAG on facebook, and read through the threads, couple have had me in tears and reaching for the car keys and hi-viz again.

Fortunately, Wessex 4x4 Response are a big group, so a steady flow of volunteers, although a call been made recently for vehicles that can wade over 750mm.

Landies suffering, bearings washed out, diffs leaking, might check my fluids tomorrow.

Cheers all

Pete

Yea it was only a few foot deep last time so thats a whole new league now !

Doing a good job chap - keep up the good work as those in need appreciate it :thumbup:

Apologies Graham if I overreacted but I've been reading a lot about what's going on at the moment and it's got me a bit worked up and most of all frustrated that I currently can't do anything to help.

Back