Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

sorry but had to panic buy

Yes Ray Mears, very credible chap, clever survival skills that anyone could learn and adapt. All those others dont cut it with me, jumping off cliffs, running round in circles without markers and getting lost, and then going to a hotel with crew when cameras stop rolling. Anyway what good is being able to skin a dead and rotting camel in the desert so that you can use it as a sleeping bag ? Unless you are there of course.
I couldn't stand in the same shadow as Ray, but could/ can get by without too much problem - in spring/ summer. Winter is very different, even in a cave and almost continual fire, especially at night. Not much to forage and time is taken up doing that foraging, setting traps and gathering firewood. All travel on foot, no landcruiser cheating !
Ray's number 1 in my book, Ed Stafford's not to bad, but I don't think I have ever watched an episode of Bear Grylls. all these survivalists would all be alive long after I was dead in the outback or the jungle.

jibberjabber, agreed R.M.
Bit of comedy going on with E.S. at times, sometimes I can't make out if he's a fruit loop or not.
B.G. Nah ! Action man. Too much to comprehend. He's the one reported to have fucked off when filming stopped.
I think you are right, love so or hate em, people such as they have the jump on average Joe, ( most of us).

Back