Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

STOLEN!!!! KZJ78 silver and grey - please help!

You inform Skytag, or they call you if they suspect anything amiss. One of the members has it fitted and received a phone call from them when he changed his battery. Skytag then do the rest. There may even be a reduction in premium from your insurance company.

Downsides- if you disconnect your battery a lot, you get a lot of phone calls. [emoji4]

www.skytag-gps.co.uk

There is a discount for members of Kent, Surrey or Sussex 4x4 Response which offers a superb saving.

Last edited:
SUCCESS!!!
Our Land Cruiser has been found by the police!!! It was abandoned in Bath, about 15 miles away. It might be a few days before I can get her back because the police need to check for prints etc but apparently it is more or less undamaged. SO relieved.
Thanks to all who have shared my posts on so many groups and forums, it was heartening to receive so much help from friends and strangers. I hope that the other victims of vehicle crime in Frome over the last few days have the same outcome. Thank you Avon & Somerset Constabulary!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy-jumpeveryone:

Excellent news to wake up to! :clap::dance::thumbup:

I must be in Australia too, only just noticed this.

Excellent, well pleased for you guys :thumbup::thumbup:

Obviously scrotes are about in the area, will bear this in mind as I'm local. Good result though!

So glad you have it back and in one peace,as above time to up the security,as daft as it sounds I had an old xr3i all I did was immobilise it through a fog light switch on the dash last place you would look

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So glad you have it back and in one peace,as above time to up the security,as daft as it sounds I had an old xr3i all I did was immobilise it through a fog light switch on the dash last place you would look

I had an old xr3i, mine was immobilised with a dodgy starter motor lead. You had to crawl under it, wiggle the lead, then it would start.

I had an old xr3i, mine was immobilised with a dodgy starter motor lead. You had to crawl under it, wiggle the lead, then it would start.
LOL I had an old S3 landy that you could open & start with a spoon (literally) so I rewired the starter to a toggle switch on the dash labelled "AIR HORNS" thinking it would be the last switch the would be thief would try :icon-biggrin:

Mark....

Didn't Freedom 4x4 offer some kind of deal on the forum to fit trackers a while back ?

An uncle of mine got so fed up with family "borrowing" his van which didn't even have locks he eventually removed the steering wheel and just slipped it back on when he wanted to drive it , no bolts or anything holding it in place just sat on the splines :doh:

Great to hear you have it back.
Really pleased for you.
How far from your place was it found ?
Had it run out of fuel or some thing ?

XR3is used to be the car to nick, mine had RS wheels and was found parked on bricks with no wheels and the engine still running with the doors and hatchback left open in the pouring rain.

It was part of a chain, the scrotes had stolen a car and a truck in Hereford, nicked the wheels from the car, chucked them in the truck then moved on doing likewise, over and over. I lived in a tiny village in West Wales then, and the trail stopped in Haverfordwest.

According to the police, there were upward of 18 sets of alloys in the haul.

Anyway, good news was they didn't burn out the cars and the scrotes were nicked.

All got time, so a good and happy ending 'cos I got new wheels and tyres from the insurance.

Nice ending to the OP tragedy anyway :thumbup:

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. The truck was found about 15 miles away, almost completely undamaged - the thieves just took a load of tools but nothing that can't be replaced so I'm properly chuffed to bits. I'm definitely getting a tracker and an immobiliser sorted out in the next few days. I'm also treating the old girl to a full service (with lube of course) and a bubble bath - I reckon she deserves it ;)

Great result l_c , had my pride and joy muscle car stolen many years ago , I know that gutted feeling .. cheers Mick

I believe that the cars that are stolen for an African destination are more the "bling" cars. The cost of containerising such a car doesnt warrant the cost they will get when they sell it. It wont be going to Kenya as the duty on older cars is too high, could be Ug or TZ perhaps. The local cops and the UK heavies have just done a round up of stolen bling cars here and have sent 43 cars back to uk, all range rovers, audis and land cruisers

I believe that the cars that are stolen for an African destination are more the "bling" cars. The cost of containerising such a car doesnt warrant the cost they will get when they sell it. It wont be going to Kenya as the duty on older cars is too high, could be Ug or TZ perhaps. The local cops and the UK heavies have just done a round up of stolen bling cars here and have sent 43 cars back to uk, all range rovers, audis and land cruisers

If that's true, touch wood, Chas and I are safe... ish :shifty:

In Etiopia, they dont want the 80s since they associate them with old battered cars. They want either the 100s or up or the new 70s.
But surely you can see old swb 70s with european colors (ie not white) in Addis.
Taxes for cars are also on the stupid side. A tax for a second hand 105 can go up to 30.000 usd. mad.

Back