Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stolen Landcruiser Help

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Just sharing to spread awareness and possibility of recovery for owner William Fugard. Sadly this could be any one of us and thus hopefully can find and return his beloved vehicle. Details written by owner shared as is below.

"Hi all, I hope you dont mind me posting, we had our dark blue Toyota Landcruiser stolen from outside our house near Brimpton in Berkshire on Friday night (Friday 17th November 2017), it was hugely loved, explored, carried loads, fitted all the kids. Its left a gaping hole. we were way too attached to this vehicle. It was a 95" 80 series, 4.5 litre petrol with LPG conversion If anyone sees it anywhere, we would be hugely grateful for any info. Best wishes Will"

will.jpg will2.jpg will3.jpg

I am miles away so unlikely to be able to help but good luck finding your vehicle.

I am miles away so unlikely to be able to help but good luck finding your vehicle.

I’m even further, but I do hope someone spots this.

If the thieves are caught, they should be forced to do hard labor and fix old 80’s for free for about 10 years, then they might realize how much effort goes into keeping these beauties on the road.

Very saddened by this Dervis, I hope your friend strikes lucky...

If the thieves are caught, they should be forced to do hard labor and fix old 80’s for free for about 10 years, then they might realize how much effort goes into keeping these beauties on the road.

Don't know this person personally Clive but certainly looks a clean example that the owner has prided to own and like most of us spent time & energy to maintain most often more than their retail worth.

Yes hopefully as a community we can support each other and send positive energy to help this owner. :thumbup:

Don't know this person personally Clive but certainly looks a clean example that the owner has prided to own and like most of us spent time & energy to maintain most often more than their retail worth.

Yes hopefully as a community we can support each other and send positive energy to help this owner. :thumbup:

Well, if you don’t know him, its even more admirable that you’ve posted this Dervis!

Let’s hope something comes of it for Will and his family.

Trackers are usually the answer to vehicle recovery. Its unusual for an 80 to be nicked though.I guess it didn't have a coded key which makes it easier to start.
10 years Clive? my solution would take about 10 seconds.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm very much afraid this would have been an organised theft and the 80 is well on it's way out of the country. Not much can be done these days "ringing" cars and getting them on UK roads under a false identity. Probably not worth the risk and time to break for parts. It's a sickening feeling.....I lost a car this way.

Have to agree with Frank. I was approached by someone a few weeks back while taking my Mum to the local shops on her weekly visit. The guy had seen the LC parked up there previously and asked if I wanted to sell as he could export it and sell it on. No reason at all to suspect him but just shows that the market abroad is there and probably stronger than it is here.

IIRC the last one stolen and mentioned on here made its way home again so there's always hope .

I had a fella bold as brass walk through my back yard to knock on my back door a couple of weeks ago to ask if i was selling any of these "old" 4x4's , his chin dropped when i said your looking at at least 20 grands worth of old there and it would cost him double that to make me even consider selling .

It was a little unnerving though so i was glad when he suggested i was ex military because it allowed me to reply "they don't let nutters like me in the army" which is a polite way of saying i will go to prison if i catch you trying to steal mine .

Terrible news guys my heart goes out to William this just came in!! Unbelievable!!

Clive you might have to turn away on this one :cry:

"Thanks all, the power of facebook, just had this pic through from someone who saw a post. Stolen and burnt out for a set of BFGs and left 5 miles away on a farm. Makes you despair at a small percentage of the human race..."

will4.jpg

Well, so much for the export theory. That is sickening.

Looking at the wreck they didn’t even get the tyres. Unless the took them off the wheels and refitted the wheels

Waste of a nice truck

A very slow and painful torturous death is the only half satisfactory outcome for the culprits.
Like a free hit in cricket, the owner should have first dibs on firing up the electric drill on them with no consequences. Utterly sickening.

Best of luck to Will.

The family must be absolutely gutted. I'll certainly keep my ears and eyes open up here in a Scotland. When I was originally searching for mine, the local Toyota dealership actually mentioned how many he knew are being shipped abroad so as you guys say, the market is certainly there abroad!

Im just about to post a thread asking for experience and suggestions on which alarm to fit and what you guys have on yours - seems even more applicable now.

Cheers,
Mark

Bad news, I'm sorry for Will and family. Probably wouldn't have helped with this one, but has anyone got any thoughts on trackers ?

Totally sickened to the pit of my stomach to see this. Having had my Shogun stolen I know the sickening feeling that goes with a vehicle theft. I can only guess at the far worse feeling on seeing that it has been dumped and burned out. Hanging's too good for 'em.

Moving on, for poor Will will be the trauma of dealing with the insurers, then, hopefully another 80 to fill the gap.

Dervis, I think Will should be invited to join up here so that he can benefit from the club and hopefully get himself another cruiser and get his cruiser grin back eventually.

I'm off to look into trackers. I already have a Thatcham approved professionally fitted Cobra alarm immobiliser.

Joyriders not organized crime and despite what we all want to do to them we all know the law won't let us .

I would be asking police to to include "arson" when and if they put an ad in the local rag appealing for witnesses if only to let them know prison is likely if they get caught .

I've also had folks stop and ask if I want to sell my truck. It is unnerving and puts me on edge for weeks after.

I've also had folks stop and ask if I want to sell my truck. It is unnerving and puts me on edge for weeks after.
Ive had that a few times but see it as a compliment tbh. They all seemed like decent folk.

Back