Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Strange Click, Click Noise

scalci

I have since the last 2 days got a strange "clicking" noise that sound if it is coming from the front right side side of my LC. The noise is probably best described as a light click, almost a light ratcheting, sound that is only on the right side. I checked all the obvious things, stones in tires, took the tires off, check for stones, replaced brake pads. It is not speed dependent. It seems to only be there with accelerate and de-accelerate, but not always. It is also not there when I turn left or right.

Think that would be speed dependant and more noticeable when turning.

I thought exactly the same. But the conditions are almost completely opposite to that.

Chris

Hi ai checked all that, it sounds more like when there is something in your tires, etc.... Ire checked everything, and also I am not convinsed itnis the cv, it does not do this when turning at all.

Could it be a worn universal joint in one of the drive shafts?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What I did noticed today, the sound is only there when slowing down, and sounds more like a squeegee sound.

Hi Guys

I am busy replacing the head gasket (well took the head of today) will send it in next week for a pressure test.

But the good news is, I found the strange sound fro my LC when driving....

The winch cable, came loose, and was touching the radiator fan every no and then, I could see the marks on both....

Thx to all for assisting...

I think I found the issue.

It as the front propshaft universal joint. When we took this off, the was a lot of play, and when removing the universal, the roller bearing was in pieces.

new one in and the noise is gone... :)

Back