Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SWB 90 wiring schematic/diagram for the reversing lights

if the plug (for tow bar) has a fog light wire #2
Trailer_Wiring_Diagram_zpsb433449f.jpg

Just poke a wire in from fog light and its all done
you used to have a fog light before you changed the lenses, so the plug will already be wired up

here is mine just left of the ball (F1 style) :wtf:
20151208_151028.jpg

Last edited:
Of course i was forgetting trailer has to have a fog to :doh:

I will cross that bridge when i get to it ,

right now i'm daydreaming about all sorts of improvements to her ass end and its exactly that kind of thinking that stops anything getting done , :think: if i shift this then i can do that but then i will have to move the other bit and while i'm at it i could fit this but that would mean i have to change that but that would be even better and it would give me room to weld something there and and and :wtf: stop it just get the bloody indicators working :shifty:

Of course i was forgetting trailer has to have a fog to :doh:

I will cross that bridge when i get to it ,

right now i'm daydreaming about all sorts of improvements to her ass end and its exactly that kind of thinking that stops anything getting done , :think: if i shift this then i can do that but then i will have to move the other bit and while i'm at it i could fit this but that would mean i have to change that but that would be even better and it would give me room to weld something there and and and :wtf: stop it just get the bloody indicators working :shifty:

Oh I'm so glad it's not just me that does this!! Thing is since I've had an operation my memory's not the same so I forget what it was I originally wanted to do until a few weeks or even months later.

AND NO I'M NOT GETTING OLD!!!![emoji35]

Hi Shayne. Bob used the same plug I used. My tow bar wiring is all inside the drivers side rear panel. I ran the extra cables over the roof to pick up the nearside fog light and reversing light when fitting my upper lamps. If you have the trailer fog light wired up then the switch should already be there like Froggy Steve says. Easier to piggy back off that feed from where your trailer lights are wired.

Seems I'm not the only one that likes to do several jobs at once then. I have a few items to fit but like you think if I do that I can.................:wtf:!!!

Last edited:
Yes thanks Steve i have twigged now the tow bar socket takes all the tail lights so i just have to tap those wires , i should never have attempted it today i pissed off enough with having to do it again even before i started but a few hours without rain meant i had try .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Shayne if you can turn out a trailer like that without a garage I cant wait to see what you can do in a warm dry garage! My problem is that I don't have a garage big enough to fit my Collie in and its a daily driver used by my wife. Cant take it off the road for too long and most of the jobs I have to do on it now would mean a few days not being used.

While your here Steve weren't you going to fit a collie with an intercooler ? I ask because my cooler is looking a bit tatty and i wouldn't mind sourcing one in better condition .

Last edited:
Shayne if you can turn out a trailer like that without a garage I cant wait to see what you can do in a warm dry garage! My problem is that I don't have a garage big enough to fit my Collie in and its a daily driver used by my wife. Cant take it off the road for too long and most of the jobs I have to do on it now would mean a few days not being used.

I hear you on that , more and more i'm thinking i need to put my truck on a sorn but i can't do that until i have a garage and Helen's truck has been in it and made good .

Yes I was/am going to fit an intercooler to my Collie. Had it for a good few years now along with all the fittings, manifold, throttle body, etc but like I said earlier there are a few other things I want to do to the engine first like fitting a new timing idler gear. Mine has been rattling and really needs sorting. Again got all the bits in the shed waiting!!

OK just thought you may be willing to let it go . I'm that fed up with the weather i almost bought myself one of these but then i thought if i do the garage will be put off another year :lol:

Embarrassingly easy when i went at it with the right mindset . Got under the truck to make sure my tow socket wires do run from the passenger side , pulled the passenger side interior trim , plugged my trailer board into the tow socket and pulled the obvious connection losing power to the board so yep can't be any mistakes in that . The indicator pins inside the connection are set apart from the rest with 1 in each corner so yeah just tap into that and run a single wire to each new light . That's when i realized i threw my solder iron in the bin last time i used it , so of to halfrauds where i chanced upon snap lock connectors which i have never used before but will certainly use again , brilliant things you don't even have to strip the wires . An hours messing including the trip to the shop and the lights all work as they should :oops:

Snap lock connectors…?? Anything like Scotch Locks?

Same probably a halfords copy i can't remember what was actually written on the packet .

I know there good Shayne but They can cause issues later on buddy, a lot better soldered last longer and better connection.

Possibly the seller is talking about the 3 bulb loom in the actual light , aftermarket lights with 3 bulb fitments were hard to find when i first got my truck so people were modifying the UK lights .

Sorry I am a bit late at the party, I am interested in doing the mod, but I have a question.

I am no electrician (by a long way!) but up rating so that you have two filaments illuminating to create a 26W lamp and then doubling that with another lamp on the other side means you are now drawing 52W on a circuit that was only designed for a max draw of 26W. Is this not too much to ask of the original power supply and possibly dangerous?

Thanks,
Geoff

Sorry I am a bit late at the party, I am interested in doing the mod, but I have a question.

I am no electrician (by a long way!) but up rating so that you have two filaments illuminating to create a 26W lamp and then doubling that with another lamp on the other side means you are now drawing 52W on a circuit that was only designed for a max draw of 26W. Is this not too much to ask of the original power supply and possibly dangerous?

Thanks,
Geoff
Very good question Geoff and one that could well have a 'yes' answer. It may be that the wiring is oversized to start with but the main thing is that it's only ever on for short periods. As long as the fuses haven't been uprated (I haven't read the whole thread to see if this was done) then the wiring will be protected.

5 years later on from the start of this thread sees all manner of LED replacement lamps available so if you used them you wouldn't be overloading anything and they're lovely and bright. A straight swap would improve things for a start, having two standard LED reversing lamps (single fillament equivalent) I find more than adequate. I can actually see in reverse!

Back