Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The bad things about the 80?

Seat does go back further with the right brackets. Makes a massive difference.

Washer bottle capacity! Grrr..

dare I post this?
we constantly harp on about the virtues of the mighty 80, but what about the bad bits?
this may be a short thread, and that's a good thing, but what niggles you about the 80?
only one point please as it will be a really short thread..

bolts made of marzipan..
ive never known a vehicle with bolts that snap so easily, pretty much every bolt that's never been turned gets a good dose of heat now. then if not replaced with stainless gets a good dollop of copper slip..
I'll give '0' bad points, nothing wrong with the two 80's I had in the 90's, one was a Jap import & the other was a UK spec. Wish I had them now.

You asked for one bad point, so I'll give you one, the tyres wore out. :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Worse thing about the 80 - it makes me smug.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Think ahead 20+ years and wonder how today’s new SUV’s will be fairing with ageing electronics. That’s one area where the 80 wins hands down.

Problem with a 105 is finding one

Don't remember ever having to get out at a 4x4 show and lock the hubs in to drive over some wet grasss in the 80 though KB :)

Agree with Nick on this one, the ability to control all the 3 diff lockers from the comfort of the drivers’ seat makes it the best offroad vehicle IMO.
I’m no fan of traction control devices, although some work better than others. You can’t beat a fully locked up system for scrabbling up steep slippery inclines IMO, any 4x4 that lets one wheel spin is a failure.
Agreed that the alloy casings on the locker actuators is a PITA, and expensive to replace.

Back