Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The corona virus thread

Perhaps we should add a poll to this thread just for a well rounded perspective

How much money has the lock down cost you financially so far personally -

A, not more than £1000
B , not more than £5000
C, not more than £10,000
B, more and still counting

Being an off pay role contractor would have to be D - a shed load.

All contracts suspended until further notice. :fearscream::coldsweat:

The big problem with the border reopening is the Spanish are not playing ball (no surprise really), they are quite happy for Morocco to allow them to repatriate Spanish nationals but wont reciprocate they deal the other way. Something that may hurt Spain more than Morocco in the long term, particularly the Spanish enclaves of Ceuta and Mellila. The Spanish position is staring to cause a lot of resentment with EU nationals who have been stuck here for 2 months after Spain closed their border at Ceuta late March.
Spain announced confinement on the 13th of march & closed it's borders on the 17th but was still allowing transit for repatriation IIRC for some time after.I thought you were in favour of greater restrictions ?

Being an off pay role contractor would have to be D - a shed load.

All contracts suspended until further notice. :fearscream::coldsweat:
HS2 are still working, all contract pricing has to allow for a cleaner, and all contractors must arrive on site in own individual transport, there are other things that I won't go into now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Covidiots plonkers here are having a street party for VE Day, they are all over 60, some well over, they are all drinking and are in no way 'Social Distancing', Just spreading the love, as a side comment, they have got Vera Lynn music blaring.

The Thick Heads or in other words, the scum bag coustomers just will not, repeat not stay 2m from the staff, just one example, a Man and a Woman who have already been barred from one of the CO-OP's in the local area for Thieving alcohol (you can't blame them, they had a broken upbringing and don't know the differance between right and wrong, poor lambs) just barged their way through the No Entry door of the CO-OP where my wife works, the No Entry door is near the alcohol, the man tried to cause a distraction by isulting my wife and purposely standing to close, so she had to back away, while the woman tried to thieve the alcohol. And no, these people are not stupid nor do they try to play the 'Learning Difficulty' card, yet.

I may add this is not a 'one off' occurrence, or 'once in a blue moon'

Just saying like.

Ahh, that's the 'We survived the war, we can survive this' mentality. Mom and Pa in law are the same. "I refuse to be beaten" she said. I responded with, "Then Pat, you'll die alone, in pain, inside a polythene tent surrounded by people in masks." OK Harsh, but it shut her up.

Just seen some people BBQing in the street. But I have to say they were all exercising proper distancing. But as I've said in previous missives, people still think that the primary route of spread is person to person. It's not. It's person to surface to person. So when they pour a glass of wine and retreat leaving it on the garden wall for their neighbour who then drinks from it ....... But I don't understand it, we've all be keeping away and wearing masks.....

If they could come up with a lamp that showed the virus on hard surfaces such as door handles, ATM keypads, bottles of ketchup...I think we'd be surprised.

Ahh, that's the 'We survived the war, we can survive this' mentality. Mom and Pa in law are the same. "I refuse to be beaten" she said. I responded with, "Then Pat, you'll die alone, in pain, inside a polythene tent surrounded by people in masks." OK Harsh, but it shut her up.

Just seen some people BBQing in the street. But I have to say they were all exercising proper distancing. But as I've said in previous missives, people still think that the primary route of spread is person to person. It's not. It's person to surface to person. So when they pour a glass of wine and retreat leaving it on the garden wall for their neighbour who then drinks from it ....... But I don't understand it, we've all be keeping away and wearing masks.....

If they could come up with a lamp that showed the virus on hard surfaces such as door handles, ATM keypads, bottles of ketchup...I think we'd be surprised.
I forgot to mention, they had all made Scones and were passing them to each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry. Did that sound like I was trying to come over all kind? My bad ha ha.
No, not at all, if you care for someone you can't sugar coat it just to make them happy, so for their own good young or old (some would say it's the same thing) "you have to be crule to be kind".

Perhaps those oldies think they have had their life so let's enjoy it now, - if we get it, we get it, thinking ?

I can echo your experience Chris.

My mum who is 82 and has COPD had really bad "Flu" in February. I went to see her in her own home and wore surgical gloves and a mask and kept social distancing. She thought I was mad.

In to March just prior to lock down and during my weekly visit whilst still wearing protective gear, I told her she must not leave the house and especially NOT VISIT grand children as this will get worse. She still thought I was mad. I stated that if she gets Covid-19 she would be dead within a week.

Then came lock down..... She then saw the sanity of what I had been saying, she now wears a mask and gloves when she goes for shopping. (She is very independent she wont let me do this for her).

I know, it's like we can beat this virus though pure positive mental attitude.

Yes and of course anti-viral drugs, a cure and a vaccine. All of which we don't have so, good luck with that strategy then!!!!

The Covidiots plonkers here are having a street party for VE Day, they are all over 60, some well over, they are all drinking and are in no way 'Social Distancing', Just spreading the love, as a side comment, they have got Vera Lynn music blaring.

The Thick Heads or in other words, the scum bag coustomers just will not, repeat not stay 2m from the staff, just one example, a Man and a Woman who have already been barred from one of the CO-OP's in the local area for Thieving alcohol (you can't blame them, they had a broken upbringing and don't know the differance between right and wrong, poor lambs) just barged their way through the No Entry door of the CO-OP where my wife works, the No Entry door is near the alcohol, the man tried to cause a distraction by isulting my wife and purposely standing to close, so she had to back away, while the woman tried to thieve the alcohol. And no, these people are not stupid nor do they try to play the 'Learning Difficulty' card, yet.

I may add this is not a 'one off' occurrence, or 'once in a blue moon'

Just saying like.
JJ, don't your wife's company have security at the door to limit numbers anyway.
From what you say, seems not, shame on them, especially when they sell alcohol, and put stress on staff.
The poor dears that may come from broken homes and have nothing are lower than a snakes belly !
BTW, Have bat, will travel.

Back