Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The make

I have to confess to not watching the video yet, I have that to look forward to.

I too don't like the colour but that's not my business, the job looks good as is (but I'd go with the black rear panels too:icon-biggrin:)

Any plans to "fill-in" the gaps between the front bumper ends and the arches? I'd imagine that quarter to be a bit vulnerable, I know that my front ARB quarters have come in handy on several occasions :whistle:

The lift looks 'substantial' do you have any steering 'drift' issues? I'm going with dropper boxes on mine when I get the chance to collect them from Stan's place. At the moment I'm sure that the caster correction is inadequate.

Nice job despite the colour, I'd have gone for white and black, but it sure looks smart :thumbup: Well done :clap:

Thanks mate I know the yellow is a love it or hate it thing I am getting a Aussie bullbar of my mate hopefully so that will come round and meet up with the arches. The steering used to wonder abit I had to always correct it when going down motorway. Now I sorted the castor to +3 it's back to factory with the 4" lift so it drives perfect even going 70mph stays straight no wondering what so ever. I to am going to fab up some new brackets for the chassis end of the radius arm to sort castor out if I get the 6" spring am probably maxed out with them brackets on axle as my track rod is close to the radius arm but not touching when I cycle the steering

Last edited:
Thanks mate I know the yellow is a love it or hate it thing I am getting a Aussie bullbar of my mate hopefully so that will come round and meet up with the arches. The steering used to wonder abit I had to always correct it when going down motorway. Now I sorted the castor to +3 it's back to factory with the 4" lift so it drives perfect even going 70mph stays straight no wondering what so ever. I to am going to fab up some new brackets for the chassis end of the radius arm to sort castor out if I get the 6" spring am probably maxed out with them brackets on axle as my track rod is close to the radius arm but not touching when I cycle the steering

Take care fabbing them yourself.

Chris on here is an expert fabricator and he got into several difficulties with his. He ended up buying drop boxes from Blown 80 and they cured all his problems. I've bought the same, just have to collect them from Kendal...

DSC_0717.JPGDSC_0738.JPGDSC_0713.JPG fabricating them shouldn't be a problem :thumbup:

Last edited:
I don't doubt the engineering, but for some reason, his home made boxes caused all sorts of handling difficulties that were resolved with Blown 80's units. Wish you better luck with yours :thumbup:

Nice work on the tray-back BTW :clap:

(what is it?)

Last edited:
Bugger, just went to view the video and got this message...

image.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I will upload another video I think the video didn't work because there was music o the background (copyright) bolocks lol. It's not a trayback it's my mate mk3 hilix pickup DSC_0031.JPG

I wouldnt mind know what when wrong with the drop brackets. I wonder if they were flexing. Il only be going down that road if I get the 6" springs am happy with the 4 I have now

I searched Chris' Project Grey Ghost thread for ages last night (you should visit it, it's his complete build thread) but I couldn't find his part on the droppers. He certainly did post it somewhere. :icon-rolleyes:

Tried to watch the vid but saying content is blocked due to copyright in uk ? Nice job on the truck though

image.pngI parked next to you in the dock the other month and it made my cruiser look small

Yer Im the one that stopped I asking about the roof rack

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back