Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

all you have to do now is deal with DUP ,300,000 votes for minority party which has no following among 98% of the UK
It is good you got the control back.

Seem's wrong to me that Remainer's obviously get to see the full content of the deal before everyone else .

I'd like to read it if you don't mind sharing a link ?

Nobody knows exactly, except it involves having some custom arragement between NI and UK, and keeping NI inside EU custom area.
Actually this was predictable since the begining, to have the Good Friday agreement in place there is no other way.
I did not read it, i don't need to, becouse I know how EU works and their position it was clear from day 1, and I can bet my landcruiser against a 20 yealr old bicycle that basically BoJo got the same deal as Theresa May, worded maybe a bit different, so he can show that he actually did something ( not ) and to be able to sell it to the nuts in Parliament.. ( it doesn't look like it will happen ) .
This will drag on for years.. this people have no clue what are they getting themselves in for.
As much as I would like for this saga to end, it will not happen.

No reason not to have a general election now and how they voted on the Letwin amendment makes it a very black and white who and what local constituents are voting for which should end all the flaffing and return a majority government one way or another .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No reason not to have a general election now and how they voted on the Letwin amendment makes it a very black and white who and what local constituents are voting for which should end all the flaffing and return a majority government one way or another .
Completely agree.
Everyone said it wasn't possible, and against the odds Boris got another deal.
As we have known all along the opposition will never agree to any deal the conservatives may reach.
Simple put, this bunch of self righteous morons are employed by the people of this country to serve the wishes of the people of this country..

Hang your heads in shame.

They wonder why they have Brexit and Donald trump... :icon-rolleyes:

And i think we should assist the wee crankie in her bid to become an adult with say an annual 10% reduction in pocket money phased over 10 years .

Every time that SNP fella stands up to make a speech, I begin to lose the will to live..

"UK votes to LEAVE the EU .... Scotland. Leave 38.0%. 1,018,322 VOTES. Remain 62.0%. 1,661,191 VOTES. Counting complete. Turnout: 67.2% ..."

and it has sweet F.A to do with independence , i bet most of the 32.8 who didn't vote never vote , because what for when nobody represents them .

http://chng.it/MvZWDPxLfK

Sack the b*s***d no pension no nothing let him make a living giving speeches on how to be an international disgrace .

Is this because he followed the constitutional convention of not allowing the same bill to be tabled twice in the same session? Or because he wouldn't allow a bill to be tabled that violated the terms of a bill passed one day previously? Or something else?

Because he thinks he is king and sole ruler and while trust in establishment is at an all time low the most hated least trusted man in Britain should have no influence on events .

It does seem that if he is so little trusted its because people don't understand the parliamentary procedures it his his job to follow. Supposedly these are the procedures that many of those people apparently hold so dear.

Procedure my arse , what's "Letwin's" other than we will delay in order to change laws so a deal which is as yet little more than hearsay can be enacted .

He is basically ensuring concessions given cannot be altered if the deal is voted down , he is using his office for personal preference in his bid to prevent Brexit happening at all .

Procedure my arse , what's "Letwin's" other than we will delay in order to change laws so a deal which is as yet little more than hearsay can be enacted .

He is basically ensuring concessions given cannot be altered if the deal is voted down , he is using his office for personal preference in his bid to prevent Brexit happening at all .

I appreciate that showing you the procedure and references to Hansard won't change your mind, but as a point of reference.

You very rarely have an unammended bill heard twice in one session. It breaks the convention written here : https://erskinemay.parliament.uk/section/4748/matters-already-decided-during-the-same-session/

The only time recently this has been allow was for May's meaningful vote which was allowed twice but rejected on these grounds for the third time. This decision had vocal support from a number of MPs who are now claiming this convention is an abomination. Almost as if they like convention as long as it supports their view. You can read what Mr Jacob Rees Mogg made of the decision to prevent Mrs Mays vote being heard again here https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2019-03-18/debates/AB031E78-C906-4833-9ACF-291998FAC0E1/Speaker’SStatement

Not sure why you mention Letwin in relation to Bercow? Unless you believe amendments to bills shouldn't be allowed, but that would be illegal by removing the role of the legislature.

Whatever Mr Letwin's intention is for his ammendment he had support from the majority of the house. Something the government could not command. So while of course a lot of MPs won't like it, slightly more MPs will. And so the division continues. Ultimately the house doesn't trust a government who keeps saying one thing and doing another, and so are seeking to legislate for their actions. Which I think is understandable. And I'm sure you won't.

Last edited:
Voting on the Letwin amendment was allowed despite the fact it discusses circumstances that do not exist .

Voting on the Letwin amendment was allowed despite the fact it discusses circumstances that do not exist .

I'm intrigued as to which circumstances those are? Which convention should Bercow have followed here?

It's a side note in the margin to a deal we do not have , its not valid at all unless the deal is voted through , its delay for the sake of delay .

Convention is - sorry we cannot vote on supposition .

Back