Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The world has gone mad

Pathetic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FFS. They should just have used the court of 7.62 instantly on those bar stewards. Insanity like that really makes me think about supporting an 'out the EU' stance ... Grrr

France rarely/never complies with EU rulings anyway so I predict they'll just ignore the courts

Wow, just wow. France should tell them to go pound sand. It sounds like some of the crap that goes on here in the US. In some cases the criminals have more rights than the victims.

There won't be any more arrests and the ancient law of the sea will used in future . A Captain is King of his vessel if he says shoot to kill then that's the only law that matters .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have thought for a long time that judges should be elected not appointed and to be held accountable for their actions.
this is disgraceful.Pat

I find it utterly bizzare that they can make the ruling. More and more "we" seem to pander to those who whine the most. The more we pander, the more they whiners whine...

Bullet to head, that's what they needed and the Somali pirates too

I remember that, perfect ending! They probably used them as target practice.

...with darts. Gives them time to contemplate a few life-choices.

France broke the law, that's there for a reason (to protect us mainly, not Somali Pirates!!). You can't just lock people up for as long as you like.

so unfortunately the judge has no choice but to uphold the law, his hands are tied. What he could have done though, to make his point, was award token damages, about 1 euro should do it!!

France broke the law, that's there for a reason (to protect us mainly, not Somali Pirates!!). You can't just lock people up for as long as you like.

so unfortunately the judge has no choice but to uphold the law, his hands are tied. What he could have done though, to make his point, was award token damages, about 1 euro should do it!!

Way to go....

These laws are indeed there to protect us, (generally law abiding Land Cruiser owners) so it can't be ignored even for ISIS Land Cruiser owners or, as in this case, Somali pirates (thieves) even if they have never owned a Land Cruiser.

The job of the judge is to uphold the law, yet punish (or compensate) appropriately.

Agree, laws have to be upheld. What needs reviewing though us the compensation really is deserved or not.

The compensation for wrongful imprisonment was also set in stone i believe when the law was introduced . It happens on a daily basis with convicts being released from prison late because of mixed up paperwork and whatnot so to try individual claims would clog up the system completely . Awful as it seems sometimes laws do have to be upheld because the knock on effect of changing them can have consequences . Remember the farmer that shot the gypsy trying to rob his house , nobody including the judges wanted to jail him but if they didn't they would have set a precedent which would vaguely allow people to shoot others in their own home as long as they claimed the injured party was trying to rob them .

But is that not self-defence? If someone is in my house wanting to rob me I'll do what I can to stop them. If it's a midget, I'll punch him (I'm bigger) if he's bigger than me I'll use something bigger than him. Simples.

You will be happy to know then Crispin that killing someone has never been illegal just be sure to state that the intruder put you in fear for the life of your family and yourself .

Of course murder is very illegal but when its a case of him or me there is no crime committed :icon-wink:

A midget in a clown suit walking around my house at night... :shifty:

A good mate of mine got 13 months in prison because someone sneaked into his house after midnight , the baby was asleep and his girlfriend in the bath , my mate was crashed out in the dark on the sofa when the would be burglar walked in . My mates a big lad and one punch was enough for the burglar so he dragged him to the doorstep and gave him another to send him on his merry way . Police found the burglar unconscious a few hundred yards away , they followed the blood back to Jason's door . He was initially charged with attempted murder which was eventually reduced to GBH and the judge apologized sincerely explaining that he must sentence him to the absolute minimum the law will allow . His final words "I am sorry Jason but in the eyes of the law he is not a burglar because he didn't get the chance to steal anything"

Jason was also ordered to pay the would be burglar compensation but never did but that's another story .

Back