Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thermo fans FJ75 3F

Higgins

Country Flag
australia
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has put electric thermo fans on a FJ75 or similar with a 3F pertol?

yeah i understand that you cant really get better cooling than factory. But I am more thinking a little better on fuel and a bit of power.
Im paying about $1.60 per litre on average and getting 19L/100km So i wouldnt mid to cut that down a bit

You wont save anything or gain any power because the amount of energy required to drive enough air through the radiator has to come from somewhere. If you add an electric fan ,it will cause resistance in your alternator and make the engine work harder as it has to make more electricity to drive the fan.
There is no such thing as a free lunch.
There is not much you can do to make a 3F run more efficiently.
You could try an electronic ignition kit, it will give you a better spark. But I doubt you would notice the difference.

I fitted a 17" Webasto electric fan to my 80 a few years ago but the cowl wouldn't fit with the electric fan.
On my first trip to Croatia it overheated on every hill I came across, on return to the UK on the advice of Julian Voelcker I removed it and re-installed the OEM fan and have had no problems with overheating since.
With the cowl in place the standard fan moves much more air across the whole rad area than an electric one will.

Back