Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thinking of selling my Colorado

OG.

Been having dark thought about selling the Colorado and buying a Porsche Cayenne. I know the Toyota will eat it for breakfast off road but I very rarely use the Colorado in that way as I have a Defender for that. The Colorado is mainly used as a commuter vehicle but with the added benefit of being able to cope with all conditions. The practicality is good too.
I like the thought of 340hp and about the same economy (on petrol) as the Colorado.

So what do people think...?

Build quality is crap, next to my workshop there's a bodywork shop, I've seen a couple in for repairs & seen under the skin so to speak, poor, held together with plastic & bluetac.

My brother-in-laws boss had a Cayenne, he soon got rid of it.
He's had a string of big flash expensive to run motors, even he off loaded the Cayenne after a short period of time due to the astronomical running costs.
When he did try and sell it, he had loads of tyre kickers/test pilot making silly offers and no real serious buyers.

I had to smile this morning on my way to our local Ironmongers to get a new camping tin opener ready for Lincomb I had to walk past this and immediatly thought of you :icon-biggrin: :icon-wink:

IMG_4635_zps2da177b1.jpg

Couldn't get a better lower photo as the chap in the Modeo is wanting to reverse into the space that I was standing in, but look how wide that thing is :wtf: The passenger side is not an inch and a half off the kerb and the drivers side is a whole foot or more over the width of a standard width parking space. There was none of the drivers side tyre even on the white line let alone in the space :laughing-rolling:

Last edited:
To be fair, I doubt the Mondeo would fit in the lines either!

Heard nothing but bad things about Cayennes - yes, the paper performance looks good, but the running costs are horrendous

I've got a buyers guide / review of the cayenne in 4x4 magazine somewhere.
From memory they were quite impressed.

Might be on their web at www.4x4i.com, failing that i can send you the mag (in ten days when I get back from Tenerife!!!)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've got a buyers guide / review of the cayenne in 4x4 magazine somewhere.
From memory they were quite impressed.

Might be on their web at www.4x4i.com, failing that i can send you the mag (in ten days when I get back from Tenerife!!!)

Every report I've seen they were quite impressed. The only bad things I've found so far are an appetite for tyres (not too surprising with that much power) and some issues with the alusil coatings on the cylinder bores leading to very expensive engine rebuilds.
Given I can pick one up for under 7k with 70,000 miles or less they seem a performance car bargain. According to Andrew St Pierre White they are also very very capable (OK not in cruiser or disco terms but that's a compromise I can live with).
Plenty of toys too - satnav, car phone, 6 speed auto (that doesn't mix coolant with the oil), air suspension etc.
I can appreciate some might see the fuel consumption as an issue but most of my commute is motorway and the consensus is they'll do 22-24 on a motorway run. Taking the cost of petrol vs diesel into account its not a lot different to a diesel Land Cruiser.
It is very very tempting. They are plug ugly but if I'm sat inside I don't have to see the ugliness!

reckon you would get some HUGE bills to keep that thing on the road

better to drive something that makes you smile even if it does cost a bit, that's what moneys for :icon-cool:

Isnt gay the new bad, which is good, or something....:?

Back