Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Three wheels on my wagon.

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
When this happened to me in the middle of France on my way back from Morocco, a country and western song popped into my head . . . . . . .

'You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RShRoz8aqXQ

Attachments

• New-4.JPG
    New-4.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 193
He, he, he, :lol:

What was the cause of that?

Gra.

Looks a bit more than a loose wheel :o

More like a catastrophic bearing failure to me.

It was a bearing failure, the wheel came loose soon after. :o

Glad you were OK,
Looks like the LC isn't showing too much damage considering.

Gra.

Graham said:
Glad you were OK,
Looks like the LC isn't showing too much damage considering.

Gra.
This wasn't the first time I had this happen and recognised the warning signs, steering wobble like I had a soft tyre and brakes pulling to one side, so I had slowed right down to about 10mph and was trying to get to a motorway exit before the wheel parted company, didn't make it though and was recovered to garage in Poitiers.
I had the devils own job persuading the RAC to repatriate the truck back to the UK, they don't want to do it if the market value is less than the cost of getting the vehicle back, so older cars are at a disadvantage. I think most if not all breakdown services operate this policy. Out of interest I asked the recovery garage what they would charge to transport to the UK, 4000 euros, :shock: :shock:
When this happened before I was doing about 50mph on the A3 but amazingly managed to stop in a straight line and even steer to the side of the road.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back