Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Timing belt and battery indicator were flashing

horukuru

Country Flag
malaysia
It happened a few times while driving and the battery pin also dropped to the middle. I'm using a dry battery.

What is the problem? I took the pic when I reached home

IMG_20160703_221738_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
That's most likely the plug on the back of the alternator. You can clean the contacts.

Or it could be a faulty earth somewhere. Do you have an item that does not work indicating where the faulty earth might be ?

With me my rear wiper stopped and I found a corroded earth inside the top tail gate frame.

Alternator or plug on the rear is my best guess.
I had all sorts of lights come on when the alternator failed on my 100.

Yep, alternator brushes or plug on the back. As above, pull the plug off and inspect for corrosion. Give it a few good wiggles on and off again before refitting to clean up the contact and see if that improves matters. If no improvement, remove alternator and check brushes are not stuck or so short they don't connect properly.

Sorry but what is plug at the back means? Thanks a lot for the tips

The plug with the wires what goes into your alternator they are on about buddy.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Aha thanks! Will check the alternator soon before the after Ramadan festival

Thanks a lot everyone. Serviced the alternator for a new carbon and the problem disappeared hehehe

I had that happen to me once too, it was certainly worrying. Mine was simply that the plug had come loose (it must not have been reconnected quite properly at some stage). A good push and wriggle until it clicked properly into place and the problem was gone.

Back