Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TNS510 Fitted

mjw1999

Got a bit fed up with the tns310 so i decided to have a look around ebay and wait for a bargain. I have looked at the tns700's for a while but ended up with the 510 which is a higher spec in a lot of ways. The sound is amazing compared with the tns310 and the tns600 i had. It also has full ipod integration and Full bluetooth hands free. You can also get a DAB module if you like.

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

That looks great. Is it relatively easy to fit?

BTW when did you take the photo it's 22 degrees at 6 o'clock!

Hutton said:
That looks great. Is it relatively easy to fit?

BTW when did you take the photo it's 22 degrees at 6 o'clock!
Thats because the front of the car was sat in the sun all day and the car is black.

It is really easy to fit once you work it out.
once you have taken the dash apart a little remove the existing unit and the all the looms that go away from the head unit. This will leave 2 standard looms so just plug them into the tns510. You then have to locate the speed sensor wire near the excelerator pedal and splice into it with the provided small splice box, then the same for the reverse sensor behind the glove box. Thats it your done. If you want Ipod connection just run that from the back of the head unit to the glove box. If you want hands free just run the mic to where you want it and bluetooth is integrated.

You need to run the sat nav for a while for it to calibrate and select a tyre change in the menu so the tyre circumference can calibrate too.
It all works a treat.

The computer under the seat is now fully disconnected. The tns510 has all it needs inside the head unit and you run the gps antenna, thats it.
I'm not sure wether to keep the tns300/310 and the computer and all looms antenna etc or sell it on ebay along with the parrot handsfree system.

I got mine used on ebay for much less than those.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back