Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tools on planes

spackrackman

I am off to Malaga to pick up a 40 troopy on Wednesday and as its not run for a year I need to take some basic tools. Will I be allowed to take spanners, pliers etc on as hand luggage?

Ermmm as I am writing this I am doubting it? Are even tweezers allowed on?

How about even just a socket set?

Looks like an expensive in the hold check on then?

Rodger (white 40) is meeting me down there!
Should be an interesting adventure.

Doubt very much. They always err on the side of "I'm dumb and don't know what it is so won't let it on". Why not take it as checked luggage?
Might be worth a call and get some "official" idea first. Tell them the story, tell them what tools you'll have (all blunt etc) and if so, get a name and clearance letter.

Would be easier to send it in the 'hold though.

I've never had any issues with tools as hold luggage on planes, tend to get your case opened and inspected I think?

Even got away with a mini leatherman on my key ring once :shock: I forgot it was there and just popped them into the tray..... Does make you wonder what they are looking for?

Test instruments on flights to northern Ireland always caused me issues, but never had a problem on the return trip :roll:

Did have a brush with the security guards once, a mini maglite had escaped from the pocket into the lining of my coat. Cylindrical metallic items inside clothes does ring alarm bells :o , luckily no latex gloves where involved :shifty:

I was in Malaga on Wednesday, you should have said and I would have taken a look to see what needed doing to get it moving, I am sure my wife would have loved it :shock:

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Paul_Humphreys said:
I was in Malaga on Wednesday, you should have said and I would have taken a look to see what needed doing to get it moving, I am sure my wife would have loved it :shock:

Paul

That would have been great! I am going blind on this purchase but its lucky that Rodger lives close and is very willing to come and inspect with me. Think I am going to book my tools in the hold, far less hassel unless they loose it.

Great, only 3 hours of rain on monday eveing and that was it for the week. If I know Roger lives close to there I would have given him a shout.

Paul

i was in malaga lasdt week too.

anyway, i got some tools confiscated when i was flying up to inverness to pick up a car.
was pretty annoying - only a couple of spanners and a screwdriver

Back