Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota landcruiser vx amazon 80 series4.2td low miles 12 mot/tax service history imma

dont you just hate it when you think know one else is in for it now the price will go mad so out for me

Munster, if you think you're the only one scanning the funny pages for Cruisers, you're in for a surprise. There's a lot of people on here watching everything that gets added. I get alerts to my phone every time a new cruiser is added.

That one's still at good money. But unfortunately there are some dishonest people out there who know how to bump up the bidding to get a better price. Get a bid in, go on. Very nice looking cruiser.

Chris

Only posted the ad to see if it was of interest to members on here - especially as I know some guys are on the hunt for a good truck at the moment. Didn't think there was a 'hands off' policy, apologies if I offended:oops: . Still, with an hour and a bit to go, doesn't seem too bad a price for what it is.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Glad to hear it mate. Best of luck if you're going for it.

We have debated the 'hands off' thing a good deal here and whislt not wishing to rob any genuine seller out of a decent price, there seems little point in bidding against other forum members. However, there is the rest of the World out there and whilst WE might say, could you let me have a crack at this one lads, there may be others who will out bid you. So what we have said is that you see something out there that you really wnat, sticking on here first and saying so is a good policy. If someone then says Oh I was watching that too, then it would have been better to have said so. We can't make hard and fast rules here, it's a free country. But on balance declaring interest is probably for the best. If you say I have seen this and then someone else says Oh that's nice, I shall bid too, then usually we gather round in a circle and frown at them quite hard for a while. I'ts just not the done thing. But there are no rules.

Chris

Glad to hear it mate. Best of luck if you're going for it.

We have debated the 'hands off' thing a good deal here and whislt not wishing to rob any genuine seller out of a decent price, there seems little point in bidding against other forum members. However, there is the rest of the World out there and whilst WE might say, could you let me have a crack at this one lads, there may be others who will out bid you. So what we have said is that you see something out there that you really wnat, sticking on here first and saying so is a good policy. If someone then says Oh I was watching that too, then it would have been better to have said so. We can't make hard and fast rules here, it's a free country. But on balance declaring interest is probably for the best. If you say I have seen this and then someone else says Oh that's nice, I shall bid too, then usually we gather round in a circle and frown at them quite hard for a while. I'ts just not the done thing. But there are no rules.

Chris

On another Forum (Volvo) there are a limited number of Australian members, it has happened where someone has won something on eBay and then proudly announced they got it... for someone else to say they were bidding for it as well... There were no hard feelings, but a bit of "I could have got it for less"

The other option is to say when you're out of the running on it; this is typically done on the <$1000 cars

Do what i do , take a good look at the ad , decide the absolute maximum you would be willing to pay for it . Then when the auction has 30 seconds left to run i bid my maximum amount . This way i can't overspend coz i'm out of time . If there are 20 people waiting for the end of auction to bid , 19 of them will only go slightly more than the current bid price . So if you think its worth it bid £4000 on a car in the last 30 seconds , even if the bidding has only reached £2000 , If nobody else bids you still only pay £2050 and even if there are other bids you still win unless someone bids more than your £4000 .

If its what you want then aim to pay a fair price for it and the likelihood is you will get it . Bargain hunters NEVER bid at the market value .

Back