Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TPMS - Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

Is any one running wireless TPMS / TTMS in their trucks ?

Is it a good combined gadget? what do you all think?
Can be set up to max of about 60 psi
Will inform,,

1/ air pressure loss
2/ air pressure gain
3/ temperature

This is the receiver, which is 12 volt powered from within the truck some where.

SnapShotTPMS1.jpg

SnapShotTTMS.jpg

There is also a small sender device which fits into the rim recess of each wheel.
The battery lasts for around 6 years
The
A group buy ?

Gra

Oooh! another gadget, I love gadgets ;) , how much are they Graham.

I looked into them a while back and would be tempted again if the price was right.

I too am keen, the problem I have found is that most only do 4 wheels and would like to have 6 for towing a trailer.

Secondly its not the max pressure that is a problem but rather the min so if you are doing some sand driving and have to deflate to say 0.8bar (not sure what it is in psi) you usually suffer as the system picks it up as a flat tyre because the low pressure alarm is set too high and so you have a constant alarm going off.

Thirdly most of the systems seem to have a sensor that screws onto the valve stem which is great in this country but when I go back to South Africa they are a target of crime so they need to be inside the tyre.

Lastly you need to have system that can sustain constant inflation and deflation if you plan on driving on different terrains and also have the ability to have the centre of the valve stem removed to release air quickly.

If you can get all the above sorted then count me in.

I was looking into this a while back. Graham - are those you've found the same as these:

TPMS at about £150 a set?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi all,

There are two different types of TPMS.

There is the type that have the tyre pressure monitor built into the valve stem, on the inside of the rim, Like the red display one in my above post.

RedTMPS1.jpg

SnapShotTPMS1.jpg

SnapShotTTMS.jpg

RedTPMS4.jpg

I think the problems with the monitors on the valve stem, is they don't like the valve to be "in and out, and in and out" and also they may suffer external damage, which could crack the monitor part on the inside of the rim with some aggressive off road driving.

Then there are the second type, a blue display which have the monitors banded to the well of the rim.

Install = http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjkwNzU5OTA4.html

The one that is banded to the inside of the well of the rim would suit the serious “off roading guys”
Safe, and out of harms way, especially important for 4x4 vehicles which are prone to falling off the tarmac, and finding a 10 mile lane to get back onto the tarmac, :thumbup:

BlueTPMS1.jpg

BlueTPMS2.jpg

BlueTPMS3.jpg

BlueTPMS4.jpg

BlueTPMS5.jpg

BlueTPMS6.jpg

BlueTPMS7.jpg

BlueTPMS8.jpg

The second regard is the monitors for more than 4 wheels.
I have looked into this, and it is really no point, you are better having 2 monitor systems.
One monitor permanently installed for the trucks 4 wheels, and a second monitor for your 4 wheel caravan or horse box, , or 2 wheel trailer.
Your vehicle might not always be the one doing the towing.

My brother is wanting 4 Red systems, (non banded)
1/ for his Land cruiser
2/ for his wife’s Ssangyong
3/ for his Hobby caravan (big 7 meter 4 wheel job)
4/ for his 2 tonne Ifor box trailer.

I will probably get for my aging mother, who can never remember to blow the tyres up on her Matiz. Again a red, non banded type.

If your generally an “on road driver” then I would opt for the Red display ones, with the monitor on the inside of the wheel, by the valve stem.
If you’re an aggressive “off road driver” then go for the blue display, with the banded monitors.

So, as a rough maximum price, £70 for the red display. and £90 for the blue display ones, that’s about it.
Any cheaper and we can buy beers.

Gra.

:thumbup:

As simple as it sounds i never thought about getting 2 systems for car and trailer.

Sound really good. I could benefit from getting TEMS too :thumbup:

I think 3-4 sets (2 sets of wheels + horse -and cargo trailer)

Any big buy benefits?

Greetings

Watching this to see where it goes.... :think:

Gary Stockton said:
I was looking into this a while back. Graham - are those you've found the same as these:

TPMS at about £150 a set?
I'd been eyeing those up but like Warren was really looking for 6 wheels to cover the caravan and hadn't considered doubling up so thanks for that idea Graham :thumbup: There is a system called Tyrepal or something like that which can do 6 or more wheels but it uses the end of valve type sensors so that's no good, they must look a bit daft as well as being a bit vulnerable.

Hi Graham,

Do you know if they do an "export" version or if the Chinese writing can be turned off on the blue screen one? To my eyes the messages are on the wrong sides of the screen. I would have put the message near the number it relates to.

Cheers

Ian

All in full english also,. I think, not sure, there is multi language support.

Gra.

OK, if they do full English I would be interested in a blue screen one.

Ian

The 4,6 or 8 wheel one with the screw on sensors I mentioned is TyrePal, here. I find it hard to judge how big the screw on sensors are to gauge what they'd look like or how vulnerable they'd be to damage.

This ones got dimensions on Jon - looks the same size... here (at the bottom). Nicer display than the blue ones I think.

Edit: :doh: So did your link. I misunderstood you didn't I. I'll get my coat :thumbup:

If I could find out more about how to grab data from the sensors I'd add TPMS to the Arduino gadget :think:

Back