Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TPMS - Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems

I have also been looking at TPMS for a while. Many of the units seem to be rebadged. A popular one in Oz is Tyredogs which have the external screw on sensors. These are made in Taiwan I believe.

I've noticed that after a lot of usage people are making more and more complaints about all screw-on varieties. Key issues include sensors being stolen, breaking during 4wd, leaking a touch [some people install a second valve so they don't have to take the sensor off all the time], weak batteries in the sensors, ambient temperature creates wrong readings. Many others are happy with them and for the UK I'm sure they'd be fine.

However the consensus seems to be heading more towards internally mounted sensors and away from screw-on. One company that people mention is Inawise and their system looks interesting.

None are as cheap as the ones Graham has found though.

Stumbled on this while I was looking about earlier.
Some fella that has taken one apart and made a USB version.

Way over my head - but might help you Jon?

Link here

Sam said:
Stumbled on this while I was looking about earlier.
Some fella that has taken one apart and made a USB version.
Interesting, I might get just a sensor and see what I can discover, just out of curiosity really because it would be cheaper to just get one of the sets Graham has shown us.

I agree, certainly a lot cheaper... but I did prefer the screens on the expensive ones - typical :roll:

Back