Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TRAVEL SOUTH TO NORTH AMERICA

PYL1960

Country Flag
france
We plan to travel from europe to french guyana by roro ship and then to Brasil, Argentina, Ushuaia, and going up north following the west coast up th canada.

Any crazy and fearless travellers can share their experiences.

Thanks

Pierre

have done North America Mexico to Alaska - doing S Am in 2020. PM me if you want info. Im in outback Australia ATM so getting reliable internet is a pain

done Alaska to Argentina in 2014 with family + trailer. Ping me for a chat

have done North America Mexico to Alaska - doing S Am in 2020. PM me if you want info. Im in outback Australia ATM so getting reliable internet is a pain
Just a quick note, I was planning to ship my Colorado to Halifax in April 2020 and cross Canada to Alaska and return through the northern US, but try as I might I am unable to find anybody to insure the vehicle. I have found companies willing to insure RVs and motorcycles but when asked for UK registered vehicle the answer is always no. On a trip Uk to Magadan through the Stans insurance was always available at the borders. How did you manage the US and Canada re insurance ?

Try the Overlanding America’s Facebook group. Best place to get upto date info

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Richard
The only ones I've seen that have been successful have been Progressive Insurance in the USA. Best to check the Overlanding America facebook forum.
Not sure that works for Canada and may need another solution there

Richard
The only ones I've seen that have been successful have been Progressive Insurance in the USA. Best to check the Overlanding America facebook forum.
Not sure that works for Canada and may need another solution there

Many thanks. I have contacted Progressive and although they will insure me for Canada and USA the vehicle has to hit the US first. Fortunately my shipping company goes to Baltimore after Halifax and they will arrange for the policy to start from there.

Back