Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre suppliers

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Probably going down the AT tyre route soon.

Any recommendations for tyre suppliers that you have used recently with decent prices?

Will be getting BFG AT's or Cooper S/T's in a 285

http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/
Not the cheapest on 'paper' but they come to your house with a fully equipped mobile van, fit AND balance the tyres so saving you the bother and cost of taking them to your nearest tyre shop. :thumbup:
I recently used them for a couple of Cooper STT's, when he arrived I had 'lost' :oops: my key for the locking nuts but he came back later, at no extra cost, after I had to go to a local garage to get the nuts removed, good service I think.

x2 for Event Tyres on good service - they tend not to have the greatest selection of tyres, so you may be forced down the Camskill route or whoever stocks the tyres you're after.

not to hijack or start a debate in the wrong direction,

in Cape Town on my two 4x4's I had used BFG, Coopers and lastly the Maxxis, they were the best when it came to cold wet weather and minimal chunking.

does anyone know where can I find Maxxis?

Rob,

After a lot of research I also opted for Maxxis - mostly after reading SA and Oz forums. So far I've been impressed - very good grip levels on wet and dry tarmac.

I bought mine from 4x4gearuk on ebay - although they didn't list my size(285/75/16), I contacted and they simply ordered them for me. Search Maxxis mud and you'll find their listings.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I know WCO in Southport have a large stockpile of Maxxis - well, they did last time I was up there...

West Coast 4x4 are maxxis agents

No good for a man who wants to buy Maxxis though... :p

Well a disgruntled customer makes more noise than a happy one so here goes...

This is a Reliant Robin:
top-gear-shows-us-wh_460x0w.jpg

It has many things in common with a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser 80. They both have lights. They both have glass in the front so you can see where you're going. They even both take in liquid that powers their engines. However there is one small difference...

This is a BFG AT 285:
bup1100.jpg

As it turns out, the BFG AT 285 was not a common fitment to the Reliant Robin. BLACKCIRCLES didn't think there was anything wrong with sending three BFG AT 285s to be fitted by my local garage for the price of five. No bother, the other two will come in two weeks. And everyone loves surprises, right?

adf_cunts.jpg

Any reason why you are changing to ATs Paul?

Always had them in the past. Only got the muds as i bought them second hand with the rims. With the upcoming trip i am looking for something a bit lighter to maybe save some fuel, and probably getting steel rims so will change all at the same time. Should also get some money back by selling these before they start to wear out.

whereisgibson said:
Well a disgruntled customer makes more noise than a happy one so here goes...

This is a Reliant Robin:
top-gear-shows-us-wh_460x0w.jpg

It has many things in common with a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser 80. They both have lights. They both have glass in the front so you can see where you're going. They even both take in liquid that powers their engines. However there is one small difference...

This is a BFG AT 285:
bup1100.jpg

As it turns out, the BFG AT 285 was not a common fitment to the Reliant Robin. BLACKCIRCLES didn't think there was anything wrong with sending three BFG AT 285s to be fitted by my local garage for the price of five. No bother, the other two will come in two weeks. And everyone loves surprises, right?

adf_cunts.jpg
ROTFLMFAO!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Apologies for the slight OT here....
Paul said:
With the upcoming trip i am looking for something a bit lighter to maybe save some fuel, and probably getting steel rims so will change all at the same time.
Have you weighed an OEM steel rim vs the alloys, Paul? I think ATs plus OEM steel rim will be a bit heavier than your current combo... Maybe lower rolling resistance of ATs vs MTs will save you a bit of fuel but I doubt the weight "saving" will :mrgreen:
IMHO the best (only?) reason for making the change will be the better on-road manners of the ATs.

Cheers,

Who said OEM steel ;)

The rolling resistance is an issue, coasted down a hill the other day with engine off and the vibrations were also a little concerning, i think that the road manners of the muds are very good and seem to be as good as an AT but havent driven my 80 on AT's so can't compare. Have driven another 80 on AT's but the difference between vehicles (especially 80) make it an unsuitable comparision.

I can see the advantage of IFS now :thumbup:

Plus i just fancy a change ;)

Paul said:
Who said OEM steel ;)
Paul, I know you're a man who doesn't go for half-measures or shoddy (after-market :o ) quality, especially in rims :lol:

Paul said:
Plus i just fancy a change ;)
Ah the best reason of all emerges - no come-back to that one ;)

Paul said:
I can see the advantage of IFS now
:naughty: You're just letting the side down now :twisted:

Looking forward to reading your feedback when you have the ATs fitted to your lightweight steelies!

Originally only bought as a stop-gap I fitted very cheap :? lightweight steels. So far they've proved to be absolutely fine with no dents despite having taken a few knocks when aired down :thumbup:

Back