Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

V-Belt tension - going in from above

l3n0x

Country Flag
hungary
Hello!
1hd-fte with aircon and viscous heater
Is there a way to tighten the v-belt(s) (that runs the alternator) from above? I can do it from below, but I'm too lazy to pull the skid plate & lay under the car into the snow. And if there is, what's the trick to it? I just can't seem to get a socket on the locking bolt at the alternator with everything in the way..

Hello!
1hd-fte with aircon and viscous heater
Is there a way to tighten the v-belt(s) (that runs the alternator) from above? I can do it from below, but I'm too lazy to pull the skid plate & lay under the car into the snow. And if there is, what's the trick to it? I just can't seem to get a socket on the locking bolt at the alternator with everything in the way..
Hi,

I have done it, but then I used to be a contortionist:laughing-rolling:

No, but seriously, it can be done, I have read post's on here about the same question, I think (but not sure, and not tried it) you can remove one of the intercooler pipes for ease of access, I'm sure you will get some better advice from a more experienced LCC 100 member soon.

Good Luck. :text-merryxmas:

Hi,

I have done it, but then I used to be a contortionist:laughing-rolling:

No, but seriously, it can be done, I have read post's on here about the same question, I think (but not sure, and not tried it) you can remove one of the intercooler pipes for ease of access, I'm sure you will get some better advice from a more experienced LCC 100 member soon.

Good Luck. :text-merryxmas:
Haha:))

Yeah, I've also remember something about the IC pipes.. But then it's probably easier to drop the skid and crawl under:(

Merry Xmas:)

Haha:))

Yeah, I've also remember something about the IC pipes.. But then it's probably easier to drop the skid and crawl under:(

Merry Xmas:)
Yes that skid plate can be a pain, I suppose if you don't 'off road' much you could leave it off, I have thought about it, but then it would bug me as I'd always think somthing was missing, is you skid plate rusted much?

The three 60's and the two 80's I had never had any under body protection fitted as standard from Toyota, not unless the previous owners removed them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back