Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

V bulletin

Derek J

Can somebody tell me if its possible to access the forum on my Iphone without this v thing coming up.
I've gone from being on the forum every day to hardly bothering. To add insult to injury I'm gutted that I donated towards my own problems.
Cheers Derek

x2

Its just s%*! trying to use the v bulletin it diverts too but not on the ipad.

Ive had a look around but cant work it out.

Glad it's not just me.
I didn't realise how much pleasure I got out of reading the posts.
Ill need to take a day off just to catch up with Ben's posts.

I cant find my way round here and have problems with messages. Nothing to do with this v bulletin though just struggling in general:violin:

Can somebody tell me if its possible to access the forum on my Iphone without this v thing coming up.
I've gone from being on the forum every day to hardly bothering. To add insult to injury I'm gutted that I donated towards my own problems.
Cheers Derek
Derek, what do you mean by 'V Bulletin' coming up? vBulletin is the software that the site is now driven by.

Derek, i need to change the logo for the mobile theme. If you want to see the normal forum go to www.landcruiserclub.net?styleid=1

When Im back from holiday I'll sort through more issues.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What a nightmare.... I just selected the Mobile Theme from the drop down to see what Derek was referring to.

No wonder folk are getting frustrated.... took me 5 minutes to work out how to get out of it.

Sorry I wasn't very clear.
When the forum changed over I was able to see it almost like the old one. I could just hit new posts etc.
All I can get now is what I assume is a mobile version. It doesn't let me see anything without going into it.
I realise its not a big problem in the grand scheme of things, but I miss being able to keep up with all that goes on.
To be very clear I'm not criticising any of the changes just a bit frustrated.

I know there is a lot of turd about the viewing unread threads etc. Im talking to a few members about it as i can't really see the problem. Not sure why but it seems to be ok for me. We will get to the bottom of it though. There has to be a way...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I have just tried out accessing the site from my iPhone for the first time.... if that was all I had to access the site with I would be more than frustrated.

Cris, turn the Mobile Theme off and see if that helps Derek and the others banging their heads against the wall :thumbup:

Unfortunate that the change over hasn't pleased every one.
I don't use any fangled phone for websites, other than gmail and my other email address.
I am lucky that I can sit all day in front of my laptop, and surf to my hearts content.
Hope the guys who rely on phones for viewing the forum get sorted, or buy a £299 laptop computer for surfing.

Gra.

Last edited:
I'm using Tapatalk on my iphone and it seems all pretty clear to me. I can see the forum, PMs and latests posts.

Chris

I'm using Tapatalk on my iphone and it seems all pretty clear to me. I can see the forum, PMs and latests posts.

Chris
Tapatalk is fine Chris, but the poor folk who, for whatever reason don't have this, are 'forced' to use a layout that is confusing at best.

Try turning it off Cris and see if folks prefer the 'normal' browser on their iPhone's.

Crispin is away on holiday at the moment, so this will have to hold till he gets back. I think Jon is the only other Admin on here, but not sure if he can do this (not having a go Jon).

Crispin is away on holiday at the moment, so this will have to hold till he gets back. I think Jon is the only other Admin on here, but not sure if he can do this (not having a go Jon).

So no one else can sort this in Crispin's absence :icon-surprised: let's hope nothing untoward happens to him while on holiday then
doh.gif

In the mean time folk are struggling to join in here.

It's very likely something I can change but first I'd need to understand what's wrong. I've logged in on my phone and am not seeing a problem and I'm posting this reply from my phone so a more specific description of the problem would be helpful and then I'll see what I can do.

I was originally looking at the forum on BB something or other that I used to use with the old forum. Crispin contacted me and said 'Stop, don't do it again, it's doing something horrible at his end' Just thought that might be worth knowing.

Not sure why anyone with an iphone (it was an iphone question) couldn't use TAT. I think is was about a quid to download. But anyhoo, I agree that you should be able to use what you choose and not be forced into something else. And that what you choose should work. No argument. Point was simply that TAT works fine.

Chris

x2

Its just s%*! trying to use the v bulletin it diverts too but not on the ipad.

Ive had a look around but cant work it out.
What is it that's 'just s%*!' ? A more constructive description of the problem would be a lot more helpful. I think all the effort Crispin has put in deserves a bit more respect than posting it's 'just s%*!' ?

Last edited:
Cheers Derek
If I can find out what it is that isn't working for you Derek I'll do my best to sort it out. I've logged on, browsed and posted from my mobile and there were no problems that were obvious to me so someone is going to have to help me understand what it is you need to be different. I'm sure we'll get there with a bit of patience.

Try turning it off Cris and see if folks prefer the 'normal' browser on their iPhone's.
I can turn it off but the risk is that simply annoys another user who is quite happy with the mobile style. What is wrong with it? I can see all the forums, posts etc, nothing is horrible colours or unclear, I'm just not seeing why the mobile style is a problem? Clearly there is a problem but the penny hasn't dropped yet so I need it explaining to me :shifty:

Last edited:
Back