Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Viair compressor - fitting question ...

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
I'm thinking of getting a Viair 400C air pump (can't seem to get Thomas or Fini here?? :doh: ) and will be looking to fit it in the engine bay. There's not a lot of space in there :lol: does anyone know, before I get the sales spiel from the stockists, whether you can mount the compressor at any angle, e.g. vertically or at say 30degrees, or must it be as horizontal as possible?

Cheers

Gary, as far as I am aware you can mount it at any angle really. They are oil-less so I don't think that lube distribution is an issue.

I would say go with the bigger bore air line though. It does make a difference - anyway the VIAIR airline is rubbish. It splits and is difficult to work with. It doesn't seem to work well with push fit connectors either. I ran some tests with mine against the clock and the wider bore speeded things up in terms of flow. I'm now running two 400c piped independently into a tank with 10mm OD 7mm ID on push fittings. I'm running nearly 6 cfm now.
Google 1/4NPT to 10mm and you'll probably find the company in Canada that I did. They sent me ten pretty quickly.

Are you going to put in a hard mounted air point? The ones from Matt are 1/4 NPT too so that's all good. Then the VIAIR tyre line plugs straight in. Worth having the pressure switch though as the 400c runs continuously with no on off switch unlike the 440p for example.

Chris

Back