Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Visitors

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
In another thread, someone noted that we had visitors from a lot of other countries.
Well, there are 20 countries we have not had visits from in the last 30 days.

If I may...
See below for some stats. There are for the last 30 days and each 30 days are about 30% higher than the previous 30 days. Week on week, we have more visitors than previous week.

For a while now, there is more traffic coming to use from search engines than people actually going to http://www.landcruiserclub.net in a browser. These people are searching for land cruiser relate things and finding us. For a lot of the searches, we are 2nd or 3rd in the list, some we are first, with TLOCUK being first. This is still better than I ever expected; TLOCUK has been around for 12 years now and within a year, we are nipping at it's heals in a lot of searches. That is a quite a feat. I can only put it down to a vibrant community who, well, pretty much just get on and have a laugh. Oh, and sometimes they help people too :D

Anyway, enough soppy stuff. It's been a cracking 10 months so far and hopefully, I will have more time now to start putting together more bits on the site to make it more of a site and informational place.

So, for the countries we've been visited by in the last 30 days: (Graphic looks like it was drawn by the same folk who did the 2012 logo... :lol: )
Analytics_wwwlandcruiserclubnet_20101128-20101228_GeoMapReport1.jpg

CP

All good!!!!!!

Great site, Let it just keep growing :thumbup:

Tlock?????? Never heard of it :whistle:
karl

Great news Cris - you keep up your good work too & we'll keep the sh!t flowing through the forum doors!!! :cool:

Interesting! :clap: [strike:psoel2mw]BTW, what is the 'Bounce Rate' ?[/strike:psoel2mw] never mind I wiki'd it. :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
24Seven said:
stil wating 4 a edit buton through ;)
Me tooooo......... :roll:

Is it possible to tell what all of these visitors are looking at :?:

Are there a number of hot threads or are they just generally browsing :?:

I quite often have a look @ 'Who is on-line' to see what peeps are looking @ and there are often more guests than registered users :)

So Crispin,
Should we rather do a search for Land Cruiser . net ob Google?
Instead of just following a direct bookmark, like we normally do ?

Would that move us more up the Google results search page ?

Graham

I can see what they looking at but it's a bit daft because all you see is topic9564, forum26 (this thread) so it is pretty useless. There is a change I want to make with will help out but it's a big change and chances of destroying the board are high so one day when I am bored and have lots of time...

Graham, it does not make a difference really. Google rank us based on lots of things and there's not much you can do to trick it. The biggest of course is content which is of relevance, churn (how active is the board) and links to us. The first two are growing (which is also why the "other" site is in decline) but links to us are low (only because we are still pretty young) and will grow as people on other forums say "hey, I saw a topic over on landcruiserclub.net about..." Google then assumes that because people are "talking" about us, we must be good. This is one of the main reasons "someone" removes any links on His site with the same vigour as a doctor removes a malignant tumour from your liver.

As for the edit button, it is there, for 15 minutes :) it gets disabled after that so things become "safe".
if there is something glaring you want changed, you can always PM one of us and we'll change it. Happens all the time ;)

CP

Slightly off topic, but in terms of this site vs the other: it actually took me a while to notice these were different independent sites mainly due to the similar colour theme (arriving from google results). IH8MUD runs brown, advrider runs black etc, so perhaps there is room for bit more 'branding'? Just an observation.

Interesting the the bounce rate is quite high from countries that have active landcruiser forums which may suggest people in those countries search for issues and our results come up because ours are indexed unlike say, LCOOL in Australia.

whereisgibson said:
Slightly off topic, but in terms of this site vs the other: it actually took me a while to notice these were different independent sites mainly due to the similar colour theme (arriving from google results). IH8MUD runs brown, advrider runs black etc, so perhaps there is room for bit more 'branding'? Just an observation.

Yup, it's because it's still the default template I am using here. There has been some work done on changing things but time is always an issue. :violin:

Does it help the other place if we keep mentioning it by name?

Paul said:
Does it help the other place if we keep mentioning it by name?

Oddly, it's not a bad thing. Google has sent us some traffic when people search of TLOCUK because it's mentioned here ;) (that's not permission to flood the place with it. ;) )

Also, they are a big referrer of traffic to us. No idea from where though but a good few 100 a month but I suspect that is about to change now I've said it :lol: :lol: :?

Well done Crispin and Crew.

Nice to know we are getting noticed :thumbup:

Just to add my thanks to Crispin and the others running this site. It takes some effort to keep it running smootly. It's great to see it doing so well, with a open and friendly approach by all. Good stuff lads :thumbup:

I'm a mod but I hardly ever do anything, I assume Crispin does it all so well done Crispin :thumbup:

Yes, very well done Crispin :thumbup: :bow-yellow:

Jon Wildsmith said:
I'm a mod but I hardly ever do anything, I assume Crispin does it all so well done Crispin :thumbup:
Vote Crispin for Prime Minister :thumbup:

Graham

Back