Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

*WANTED* - two post lift or scissor lift

jonnyboy54321

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
As per title. If you know of one.
Needs to not be falling apart and reasonably cheap as new ones aren't that expensive...
Doesn't necessarily need to do a LC (can roll under it.....)

Thx

shocked at how cheap they are. Could put one in the garden next to the garage. just wonder how well that would go down??

shocked at how cheap they are. Could put one in the garden next to the garage. just wonder how well that would go down??

I was too ... it's a whole heap of convenience for not a huge amount of pennies.

They don't fare well living outside though, and don't forget you'll likely need a 3-phase supply. I'd love one, but I don't have the space.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seen that one too, its around the corner from me mothers house but its 3 phase not single.

That looks cool - wish I had that kind of space in my garage.

However you might need to go deeper than 2ft in order to raise a LC on the lift. :icon-wink:

I fitted a 4 poster inside my garage. The height was a problem until I decided to put it in a 2ft pit.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt217/Geordiebarry/100_5565.jpg

It is single phase and fully portable.
An interesting concept.
Question - how did you tank it or was it a new build? Thinking of ground water ingress and the likes.

Sadly I doubt I could do it as in my garage I have a central support footing front to back which is for the floor. 6m wide so don't think I could keep the ramp central enough to manoeuvre on and off :(

Thats great - do you have a link to the dealer you got it from?

My garage so far......

tyrunyzu.jpg

Not quite ready for the lift, but getting there!

Pete

Its 6m x 6m.

Going to be wooden, with twin door, and as tall a roof as I can manage (opinions on height without planning seem contradictory!) and there will be no crossbeams, to give max height.

Irritatingly, Mrs Wobbly now wants to move to Bournemouth, which in itself is ok, but apparently I have to go as well........so may just put a standard wooden jobbie on there and make it my criteria for a new house (which will, of course, be ignored.)

Same size as mine then Pete.
I've got a contact for some blue hair dye if the move does go ahead......!
Of course if it doesn't, and you're left with a standard wooden one with joists......then you have my dilemma (albeit a hell of a lot easier to deal with.
Is your base strong enough for a lift though? I am told meshed 6-7" of c35 minimum concrete.......

Hair dye, that'll be useful.......

ra5are3a.jpg

Base is reinforced, and a fibre bonded topping. Spent a bloody fortune on it !

Pete

Back